Saturday, August 26, 2017

Just another day, right now

I applied some lavender essential oil last night, before I went to bed. 

I took a while to fall asleep, but slept pretty well, considering.  I woke up to rain a few times but nothing like what I expected. 

I woke up this morning to find it practically dry.  I had slept in, until 9:30.  I took care of Biscuit, did my God Time and other morning routine.  I ate some pineapple out of the fridge, grapes, and a banana.  I took my medication. 

I tried to take a nap but I couldn't sleep.  I got up.  I have been on the computer, off and on, watching some TV but not the news channels. 

We had a couple of severe weather alerts but, like I said, it was mostly dry today.  I heard the East end of Houston flooded.  They will be in trouble if they get the 2 feet of rain forecast tonight. 

I have yet to see this forecast drama, and I am very happy about it.  I am quite happy to stay dry in my home, with all my services running. 

I did think it might be nice to run to Denny's but they are closed.  Oh, well.  It's really just another day here, right now.  NOT complaining. 

Ron sure did some complaining when he found out he only had a partial bottle of vodka, plus one, left.  "I will have to call Chuck!"  I wanted to tell him all the real alcoholics stocked up on liquor before the hurricane.  From what I heard, the liquor stores were as busy as the gas stations. 

Ron got bored, and lonely, so he got the bright idea to try to look up an old girlfriend of his.  They did disgusting things together, things I can't even mention, and I'm no prude.  When he told me I thought "And you made love to me with the same >>>>?"  Yuck. 

Another thing, she was always having some drama where he "had" to bail her out, give her money, buy her food, etc.  He was already planning how much money to "send" her when he called. 

He fails to remember, I send the money in this house.  I make out the checks and mail them.  I will not do that for this woman. 

I told him, no, absolutely not.  Not only do I think it's inappropriate, someone like that will always have their hand out, demanding more and more, and then wanting to move in with you.  That's one reason I never gave my ex boyfriend my phone number. 

Ron thinks I'm a "bitch" who "says he is stupid".  I said "When it comes to sex, you are".  "I never cheated".  "Yes, you did, four times".  "I never cheated on you after we moved to Texas."  "Yes, you did, with [name]."  He shut up after that. 

I can't believe he thinks it is OK to look her up, tell her how great we're doing (comparatively) and then offer her money when I have expressly said I don't want it.  If he said that about an ex of mine, I would listen. 

In fact, I deleted my ex on my own after I realized I was only putting up with his liberalism because I knew him, but everytime I opened up my Facebook something he wrote or shared was pissing me off.  I finally unfriended him after he made a post supporting late term abortions.  He was adopted.  I would think he'd have more empathy for the "unwanted" fetus. 

If that's my worst problem I am doing pretty well.  I doubt Ron will be able to find this woman, with what he described of her behavior she probably is either married, dead, or on a government phone that is not in any of his online directories. 

I am off to watch the local news for a bit and then I will call Mom & Dad to let them know I'm still OK.  I don't want anyone to worry. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had another cat show up almost a year to the day when we adopted the last one. I feel bad we can't keep it but money wise we just can't afford 2 cats. The no kill shelter has a 5 week waiting list so it looks like he will be here until October. It is very stressful because his ears were covered in seed ticks and it cost us $55.00 to get a collar for him. We have him confined in the garage with a screen door to keep him from getting out. Do you think that will be OK until he gets taken to the shelter? I feel bad we aren't keeping him but with the way people are dumping pets nowadays we would have over a dozen cats over the course of how many years to look after. As it is we paid $55.00 plus it will be another $35.00 to take him into the shelter. People really suck.

Spankadoo said...

Stay safe!!! Knit a bit maybe a cat toy?
I love storms when they are not threatening . I can sit, listening and watching the rain for hours it relaxes me ..I will usually do some embroidery on my old denim jacket for my granddaughter..sending you love!

Heather Knits said...

You're taking care of him right now, that's what matters. I'm sure he appreciates whatever you're giving him, just make sure he gets lots of lovies.

Anonymous said...

Heather I hope you guys are OK. I know you didn't think you would have flooding and rain issues there. You are in my thoughts.