Friday, September 1, 2017

Harsh Times

Depressed today. 

Yesterday, I developed a knot in my back.  I know it's stress related, it comes and goes during times of high stress.  It has as far back as age 13. 

I had a little trouble sleeping so I got up at about midnight to eat something and take a naproxen.  I figured if anything would help the pain, the naproxen would do it. 

I found Ron in the kitchen, drinking.  It broke my heart. He was quiet, and surprised I was awake.  He moved out of the way so I could get some applesauce (we have a tiny kitchen).  I ate the applesauce, took the pill, and went back to bed.  He was quiet the rest of the night. 

I slept OK.  I got up and took my shower.  I haven't done my God Time yet, and I need to, especially during harsh times. 

I spent some time on the computer today.  Ron found out paratransit is running normally today, and made some trips. 

We'll be running to Sam's tomorrow like we do "every" Saturday.  Jack hasn't worked all week and he can use the money.  I wonder how much merchandise we will find. 

Last time, they were pretty much sold out of bottled sodas.  We will have to see what they are doing this time.  I am sure they will have bottled water, they have a good supply chain.  At any rate, we actually don't need a lot of bottled water at work. 

I'm going to need chips and candy.  How much, I don't know.  I don't know if they will be sold out or if I will have a good selection, but, again, I go to "good supply chain". 

The sandwich guy called, and they will deliver Tuesday.  That's good.  I am sure we are out, or nearly so. 

I think that's one reason that guy tried to break into our fridge while we were gone, he probably thought we had "good stuff" like sandwiches and such.  Nope.  Just bottled drinks. 

I still can't believe they put a lock on our fridge.  "Leaking" my ass. 

Ron and I talked about going to Walmart.  First, I had him call.  They are open limited hours.  So we will make a trip for Sunday when they are open.  I need to start working on my list.  If anyone has a good supply chain, it's Walmart. 

I don't want bread, milk, eggs, or junk food, so I should have better odds than a lot of shoppers.  I just need to work on my list. 

I'm not hungry, I don't want to eat (common for me, sometimes, with depression), but I have to so I can take the medication that may make me feel better.  I will figure something out.  Probably sausage patties.  I am pretty heartily sick of sausage, let me tell you. 

I may get into a can of fruit cocktail for a treat.  I can save half of it for breakfast tomorrow. 

#2 has let their dogs yip, yap, and bark in the backyard all day.  It is very annoying and makes it hard to focus on anything.  "No dogs, only one teenage girl" my ass.  Little kids.  Teenage boy and girl.  Two dogs. 

I think they have 2 families living there.  Probably a violation of their lease but she (landlady) doesn't seem to care.  I wonder if her other house (the one she lives in) flooded. 

I suppose not.  All things considered, "we" didn't lose a lot of homes.  We have maybe 1 million homes total.  Even 100K is not a huge percentage of that. 

Biscuit is bothering me for dinner.  He's 15 minutes early.  I will feed him when he isn't bugging me. 

I don't want to teach him to be a beggar. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Heather - I don't know if you will post this or not. I have been reading the Rapture Ready forums for some time now, so I had gotten to '"know" you there, although I don't see you there much anymore. I am a devout Christian, Episcopalian, and very liberal, and frankly started reading RR so I could see what my more fundamental brothers and sisters were up to, so to speak. Anyhow, I want you to know that I pray for you daily, and I hope that your situation with regard to Ron will improve. I was very worried for you during the hurricane. Be strong and God bless you.