Saturday, May 28, 2016

No atheists in flood plains

No, we didn't flood.  We didn't come close. 

However, areas north of us got hammered and are suffering pretty badly.  I haven't really watched the news so I don't know how bad, but some areas got about 20 inches of rain. 

Factor in the forecast: 40% chance of rain.  Now they had forecast plenty of rain the day before, but of course it was clear and sunny. 

Ron and I agree, no atheists in a flood plain with the water creeping up to your door.  I shudder to think what my flood insurance rates will be this October. 

I woke up around 8, right about the time #6 let a toddler run around (the construction area!) screaming at the top of her lungs for a while.  I was happy I was already awake.  The light didn't bother me last night, either. 

Then the construction noise started up a couple minutes after that.  I reminded myself they wouldn't always be sawing and hammering, it just felt that way.  Not to mention they are rapidly running out of room to expand. 

The construction went on all day, circular saws and a lot of hammering. I suppose they hadn't finished installing the siding.  When we left later, the laborer was holding a paint sprayer.  That, at least, bodes well. 

I got up, did my God Time, took a shower, and got on the computer for a while.  I cleaned the litter boxes.  I talked to Ron for a while.  I petted the cats. 

I was exhausted, so I took a nap.  Biscuit and Torbie joined me, Biscuit in the bed laying against my leg.  He's very trusting.  I was careful with him. 

I was still able to nap for a while, especially when the laborer went to lunch.  At least he got an hour lunch. 

When I got up, Ron and I talked about going out somewhere.  He mentioned Burger King.  That sounded good.  How about Arby's? 

The paratransit has a program called MSP.  Basically the paratransit company pays $8 towards the fare if you hire a cab through the program.  If it's less than $8, you owe a dollar, if it's above $8 you owe the difference between $8 and the fare. 

We paid about $5 to go to Arby's, not counting the tip.  The driver was salivating over the sandwich his wife had packed him, it had jelly, eggs, avocado, and jalapenos on it.  It sounded revolting to me, but he'd probably think the same of a tuna sandwich, or the lox and cream cheese sandwiches I used to eat. 

Since the driver lives nearby, Ron saved his number to his phone book.  I need a list of all these cab drivers. 

I need to write down all Ron's numbers because some of them are very valuable, like our handyman. 

While at Arby's, I watched a security guard dressed like a policeman, eating his sandwich and talking to his wife/girlfriend on speakerphone.  I could hear parakeets in the background, making a ton of racket. 

I like parakeets, but I'd have to be sadistic to own one with 3 cats.  No matter how I secured it, the poor thing would get eaten at worst, terrorized at best. 

Ron's telling me he wants more headphones.  He really likes the wireless ones we got to prevent Torbie from eating his headphone cords.  She's got a real taste for those. 

I wonder what she'd look like on X-ray. 

We had a good ride home after we ate (and I took my pills).  The driver missed the turn (an accident) and the fare was a few dollars higher but not much. 

#6 was wandering around in his driveway, glaring at the eaves above his garage.  I didn't see anything wrong. 

I had seen him earlier when I rolled the sunshades down over the windows, but I ignore him.  I figure if I pay him attention, he will start wanting things.   For instance, during the work today he was parked to the side of his driveway, almost but not quite, in our driveway.  I don't see why he didn't just move his wife's car over and then park his truck in her spot. 

Our cab drivers were pissed the laborer had parked directly across the street from our driveway, making it difficult for them to enter, or exit, the driveway. 

Just rude. 

I'm still depressed.  I can't wait to go to bed.  I'm just constantly exhausted at these levels of medication but I have decent symptom control. 

I'll just be glad when I get raptured and I won't need medication any more. 

No comments: