Thursday, January 1, 2015

I see God working in you

Ron and I had a good talk today.  Totally on his own, he apologized for "being a jerk", let me know I am very valued and appreciated.  "I don't know what I'd do without you" he said, tears in his voice.  "I don't ever want to find out.  You make my life so much better." 

It may have started yesterday.  I had to push hm a couple hundred yards, into the bank.  "Thank you so much for doing this" he told me, as he sat in the wheelchair. 

"It's nothing," I replied.  "I don't even think about it".  I have told him in the past, it's easier to push his wheelchair than it is to guide him when he's "walking". 

"It's a big deal, to me" he replied. 

"Well," I said.  "I just hope you think 'My life is better with Heather in it.'" 

He hastened to assure me it was. 

Good. 

So, today, on his own, no prompting, he has vowed to work on the verbal abuse.  I reminded him of his apology yesterday, for shouting at me the day before.  "I can see God working in you".  I told him. 

I can't think of a better compliment to give a person. 

No comments: