Saturday, April 13, 2013

Not an enemy

I could still hear the bass notes on the music, pretty low, last night.  I also had a terrible time sleeping.  I think the latter related more to my consumption of a Diet Dr Pepper around 6 PM.  I know better than to do that.  I lay in bed vowing I would not have any caffeine after 11 AM. 

I stuck to that today, and managed to get a pretty good nap too.   

When Ron woke up I told him about the racket, and how I'd gone over to ask them to turn it off.  Ron was horrified.  "You did what?  Never, EVER, do that!  They could have been... grabbed off the street..." (telling Ron it was only 8:15 PM didn't help).  "ALWAYS wake me up.  Always!" 

I was shocked he was so upset.  I didn't think it was a big deal.  Admittedly, with FAS, I am pretty clueless on a lot of social rules.  I was about 30 before I figured out people didn't really want to know how I was doing, they wanted to hear "Good" only. 

Now and then Ron surprises me, and that was a moment.  I realized at that moment Ron is very protective of me. 

I guess you could say we are mutually protective.  I'm sure some expert could find some interesting labels for our relationship; I know we are co dependent and interdependent, because we each have different strengths.  I can see, he's blind.  He can "brain" where I can't.  I have the physical strength he lacks. 

Ron was a big help with me, cleaning.  I know he finally understands I lack the brain hardware to be the tidy person he wants.  It's not a will issue, it's a "can" issue - so he was very helpful.  He wanted to clean off the table (tools).  I asked him to do it, because they are tools, and asked him to find a place.  I got him a 5-gallon bucket, he loaded it up, put some stuff in his cabinet, and the table looks OK now.  He was a little indignant when I cleaned the litter boxes - "Ask me and I will always do it" he said.  Awesome. 

I feel like I have a team-mate now and not an enemy. 

No comments: