Saturday, April 6, 2013

Don't say the word

Today was one of those "Why can't I have a boring day" days. 

I slept great last night, and needed every minute of sleep.  I got up, took my shower, and did my God Time.  Ron was very respectful while I did my God Time. 

I did hear him talking to the kitten "Yes, I'm stealing your poop!" as he cleaned the litterbox.  I am really impressed, Ron has stepped up and really "owned" the kitten.  He is happy to clean her box, and I never have to remind him. 

We have 3 boxes in our 900 square foot home, that certainly helps. 

I needed to go to Walmart, make a deposit and get my medication.  I left my backpack at home, and it had the check, so I felt pretty stupid later. 

Our ride was about an hour late.  It finally pulled up and I stuck my head into the van.  A woman was sitting behind the driver. 

Here's a pet peeve, people who take up 3-5 seats on public transit because they have an inflated concept of personal space.  If you are on public transit, there isn't any. 

I think I have a blog running around, about how a driver forced me to sit in the backseat of a cab, a bucket seat, with a very obese woman AND Ron, because "I don't like people in the front seat".  The driver didn't last long. 

This woman was taking up 3 seats.  But, the van has about a dozen so it didn't matter.  I said hello and smiled at her as I got on, and she sniffed at me. 

I was wearing modest shorts and an oversized men's tshirt.  The mens' shirts are not as clingy, have a higher neckline, and a much longer hem that doesn't pull up on me.  I realized later, though, in her eyes I was naked. 

You see, she was wearing the getup.  She had a head covering, some kind of tunic, baggy pants, and a mismatched, expensive hot pink sweater over the tunic.  She had a very expensive gold bracelet that could probably pay my mortgage for a year.  Not really a wise accessory for Walmart, especially when travelling alone. 

But, I've met all kinds of people on Metrolift.  I just got on.  Ron and I were chatting, and I noticed the lady was acting very weird.  She kept scowling at me and clapping her hand over her ear everytime I spoke.  I just ignored her, it was apparent she wanted attention. 

And really, I'm bug nuts crazy.  I didn't know what kind of problem she had.  Better not to go there.

Ron's playing music on his talking book machine, and he and the driver are singing along.  I'm making small talk with the driver between songs.

We got about 3/4 of the way there and she suddenly screams at me to stop talking.  I was shocked. 

I knew she had been trying to control the conversation - end it - by her gesticulations and scowling, but I had stopped looking at her.  Problem solved. 

 If she had said she didn't feel well, had a migraine or what, of course I would have shut up.

Now she was telling me to be quiet?  Ordering me? 

Am I her [censored]?  Because she's sure treating me like one!

I leaned forward and looked at her directly.  "Why?" 

Ron heard my tone of voice, calm and deadly, and started pulling on my arm.  Asking me to "Let Jesus into your heart".  Wise man.  He knew. 

"Your voice is very loud and annoying". 

Now, I once had a guy, basically, tell me "My brain is full.  I can't talk anymore."  I had people end a conversation so they could talk to someone else.  But never, ever, in my life, has someone called me loud and annoying. 

For those of you who've seen my videos, you can make your own decision.  If anything, people tell me I am too soft-spoken.  "Turn it up" being the most common complaint on my video blogs "I can't hear you".

So, I told her "No". 

She got very mad and started going on about how she wanted me to shut up, so I had to do it.  I told her "No" again and then "I'm going to talk.  Deal with it!"  All the while looking her right in the eyes. 

Now, I'm manic.  You don't want to poke sticks at a manic bipolar person.  We can be very confrontational and that is how "bipolar" turned into an adjective. 

Like I said, you don't know WHY someone is riding, but it may just be they're crazy! 

She started huffing, snorting, and flopping around in the seat.  I just stared at her.

The driver later told me she found the ride so objectionable BEFORE we got on, she had already cancelled her return trip and asked someone to pick her up.   - She was packing an attitude before we got on.  Car people always get angry about delayed rides and shared rides (picking up and dropping off other clients).  They tend to have a lot of tantrums at first (so I hear) but then they settle down and suck it up, because they don't have any other way to get around.   Or, they go back to whatever they were doing before they applied for the service. 

I hate bullies.  I will not be bullied.  I can't abide bullies.  If you want to dominate and control me you will find yourself running into a brick wall.  Several people have discovered this, the hard way.  I may look soft, but I'm not weak. 

I know a very bad word.  Ron was still trying to "manage" me and I let him.  I told him  "I want to say the word, Ron" 

"What word?" 

"The Arabic word.   She'll know what it means".  He started pulling on my arm again and going on about Jesus.  So, I didn't say the word. 

The loose translation is "skank". 

Then I continued to talk to the driver cheerfully, the way I have for the last 10 years, the driver and Ron sang along with the music, and we all went to Walmart. 

No comments: