Tuesday, April 30, 2013

.6

Ron and I were talking about my medication, and I read the side effects for each aloud.  "Low blood pressure".  "Dizziness".  Common themes, along with darker themes of cardiac problems and fatal seizures. 

I take the hardcore stuff [making fake gang signs].  I'm in the lithium crew. 

I got my lithium level today.  .6  Optimal.  Medline on optimal lithium level

It's good because it means I'm going things right.  It's bad because it means I will have to manage these side effects - the dizziness and low blood pressure.  For instance, if I stand up or stop walking, I get very lightheaded.  I need to move or sit, or I will fall down. 

God, I hope I don't.  That would be so ghastly if I passed out somewhere. 

One problem I encounter, Ron is slow.  I love him dearly, I married him, but he takes a while to stand up.  Then he takes a while to start walking.  In the meantime, a wave of dizziness swamps me and I feel like I just got off a very whirly carnival ride. 

Sometimes I get a little bitey and snap at him.  I try to be honest with you.  I battle impatience - a sin. 

Well, it's not a sin to fight it.  But it's a sin. 

So, I'm dealing with brain fog, not very coherent at times.  I have to work on enunciating my words sometimes.  I get dizzy, whirly, sensations.  I have low blood pressure. 

But I'm well, in a way I've never been.  I can rely on my mind. 

And my lithium level is optimal. 

No comments: