Sunday, April 7, 2013

Something in the henna

Whooo.  Manic. 

I think there was something in the henna.  [shrug]  It started about the same time as the henna application.  

I messed up this time.  I didn't have enough last time, with about a half cup dry powder.  This time I did 3/4 cup - too much.  However, that may have been due to the fact that this brand (different from the last) didn't need as much water.  The old brand needed about 2:1 ratio of water to powder.  This brand needed about 1.5:1, if that. 

So, I had very runny henna.  It kept leaking out from under my shower cap. 

Do you have that old towel?  T-shirt?  The one stained, holey, bleach-spotted, and awful-looking?  But it works so well for those rough jobs you keep it? 

Well, the tshirt got so messy I had to remove it.  Ron would have enjoyed the show.  Then I wrapped the towel around my shoulders, which soaked up the drips but got filthy in the process. 

I put them both together in the wash.  I love the "soak" cycle.  I can just throw it in, add the detergent, and let it soak for a couple hours to a day.  Then cycle it and have a clean thing again. 

Other than that, the coloring went fine.  My hair is darker, but wet, so I can't tell much more.  It's supposed to be a burgundy, but I used strong brewed tea to "bring out the red". 

Since my adoptive Mom is a redhead, I thought it might be fun if we looked a little related.  You're the first I've told.  None of her kids has red hair.  I remember she always told us the grandbabies would have red hair, but they didn't.  Two blondes and two brunettes. 

And, since I'm manic, everything seems like a good idea. 

I just wish I could wind down.  I have to go to sleep! 

No comments: