Thursday, April 11, 2013

Another happy Handout

It's so funny how God works.  I woke up with a headache, cold, and freezing rain.  "Well, I can forget the handout" I thought. 

Fast-forward a few hours and I'm staning on a median in my shirtsleeves and capris, running up and down like a crazy (:pound) woman, distributing Bibles left and right.  I gave away over 50 in about 20 minutes, I think. 

God sure had a lot of hungry recipients for me today! 

So, after I woke up I did my God Time, shower, etc.  I was horribly depressed, but the antidepressant did a decent job when it kicked in.  We went to our favorite taqueria for lunch.  Ron said he wouldn't go, I said that was fine.   As we were traveling to and from the restaurant, I was very attracted to a particular corner, one I've never done before. 

It was nice and long, nice and wide, and lots of traffic.  Why not? 

So, we went home, Ron went to bed (he sleeps a lot).  I set up the cart and headed out.  I have to walk about a half mile to the bus stop. 

I caught a bus almost immediately; got to my corner.  I had to walk another quarter mile or so, got up, and set up. 
I took all 3 boxes off and spread them out, stuffed my bag with an assortment.  I had Spanish whole Bibles, English whole Bibles, Children's New Testaments, and some English New Testaments. 

I got them all set up and started walking up and down.  I didn't even have to wave - it was insane.  Everyone wanted Bibles, it seemed.  The Spanish, and the kids, were very popular in particular.  They kept exclaiming and showing them to other people in the car. 

My favorite recipients, someone going the wrong way who came around and back to get Bibles - an older black lady and her daughter. 

The two young black men in the fancy car, they actually stopped traffic and almost had a pileup (they were going the opposite direction).  They tried to pay me but I explained I can't take money. 

I had a lot of people, way down the line, about 10 cars back, waving an arm out the window at me.  It is really inspiring to see God at work in these people, drawing them to Him. 

I had all sorts, day labor types, nice professional types, working class families (they really enjoyed Bibles for the kids), mostly black and latino.  That's my demographic, it seems. 

TOMORROW, we are going to Acres Homes, the "bad" ghetto, and doing another handout.  Friday night ought to be a nice busy time.  Ron is happy to "come with". 

I always try to have a minimal Bible inventory, only a case or two left, because I gave them all away.  I will by Saturday. 

Please pray for the recipients. 

No comments: