Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Splat

When I'm depressed, I'm always looking forward to the mania.  When I'm manic, I'm dreading, watching for, depression. 

It may be coming.  Time will tell. 

Ron is pretty loose, talking on the phone. He had a lot to say to God, earlier, but he was surprisingly nice when my cell phone died. 

"Ron" is a verb in our house.  "To Ron" means "To render an electronic device useless".  "He Ronned it".  I don't allow him near my computer. 

However, I'm pretty hard on my cell phones.  I dropped one in an unused toilet.  I drop them (more than one, and sometimes more than once).  Ron had a cell phone in his coat when he was hit by a car.  It survived the accident, only to die when I dropped it a few months later. The last one lasted about 15 months, a pretty good timeline.  They only live a year or so.

Ron has had his cell phone for years.  It was mine first, we got it in 2006 I think.  I remember having it on a trip to visit my sister.  I got my first "smartish" phone in 2010.  I killed it by dropping it a year later, it was OK for months and then one day the touch screen didn't touch.  That's pretty much what happened this time - I dropped it in December (I made it over a year without dropping) and then SPLAT.  It was fine until Galveston, when I set it down on the ground.  I surrounded it with bread and eager seagulls ran around on top of the phone. 

That was the end of the phone.  They didn't defecate, but apparently it's bad for seagulls to walk on a phone. 

Who'd have thought?  Next time, I told Ron, if he wants to hear the seagulls up close we will buy a cheap digital voice recorder and set THAT on the ground, instead. 

He was very nice about getting a new phone, but a little annoyed the call kept going to India.  He asked for "someone without an accent" (meaning, from America).  We got a nice guy. 

So, I have no idea what kind of phone I'm getting.  It does text and do photos, which is what I really wanted.  I didn't like the internet, and the email updates were pretty annoying.  So, I'm sure I'll like whatever I get. 

The technician kept thinking RON wanted a new phone, since his is over 7 years old and mine is a little over a year.  No, he told them, he likes his old phone. 

I can sort of make calls on mine, if someone calls and hangs up I can call them back.  I can't check texts, and I finally started texting with my family (Ron got a better plan last month).  Ron was pretty happy, the new phone is only $2 a month, with a $10 down payment.  I had to keep telling him no, I don't need all that. 

So, we got me a new phone.  Ron was awesome.  I just helped him "treat" Baby Girl.  I contribute by putting treats right by Ron's ear.  She sniffs her way over, he can hear the whole thing, the sniffing, the licking, and the crunching, as the whiskers tickle his ear.  He giggles the whole time. 

Of course I took some treats to "The Big Black Gnarl".  Ron's name for Bubba.  It's a really long story.  One day Ron had a few beers and was sitting on the porch.  He started yelling for a Big Black Gnarl, and a black guy walking by glared at him.  I told Ron, just call him "Gnarl" or "Bubba" when you are outside.  "BBG" can only be an inside name or you're going to get your butt kicked one day. 

Bubba's real name, is actually "Mr Black" but we never address him as such. 

Oh, and Bubba threw up in my bed while I was gone.  Hairball.  Yuck. 

I'm still manic now, obviously. 

So, we had today off.  The repairman could only come tomorrow.  Alright, we accept our day off. 

Besides, it's going to be awful tomorrow and I would rather work than have a day off in the rain. 

We slept in, and I slept great.  No music.  The people behind me appear to have moved in, and praise God, seem to be quiet. 

I got up and took my shower, the usual.  Started my cycle.  So glad I don't have that hassle while traveling.  Everytime I take a trip I seem to have my gift. 

I also seem to be really prone to bladder infections while in Galveston.  I think I beat it this time.  Thank you Lord. 

We went to Walmart.  They got us there early so I had LOTS of time.  I got a pair of bermuda shorts.  Good.  Now I'm set for summer (I have tons of t-shirts).  However, I'm always looking for cute, men's pocket t-shirts.  When I'm stocking, I do a lot of lifting.  I wear my keys and security badge around my neck.  They catch on things, bang on the soda cans, and I worry about damaging my security pass - I must wear it around my neck. 

With a pocket, I can put everything into the pocket and do my stocking.  I look mutated, but I'm OK with that.  I only want to look "hot" for Ron, anyway. 

I love turquoise. I found a lovely turqoise heather (grin) pocket t in "my" size, so I got that.  It will be a nice additiont to the work clothes. 

I try to leave the no-pockets for days off, and the pockets for work.  It's really convenient.

My bras are horribly stretched out and old.  They barely perform.  I found some on clearance, very cute and comfortable.  A few of them cost about as much as the bermudas, but they'll cover me for a year.  Everything, tshirt, shorts, and bras cost about $40.  Definitely in budget, and like I said, I'm fine for clothes now. 

A while back I finally got some new socks, and they have been really nice.  I don't always think about the things I need until they have holes, don't work, or don't fit. 

I don't feel guilty, and it's great to actually buy affordable things I need, when manic.  God knows I needed them. 

Speaking of things I needed, I completely forgot canned cat food and dry cat treats.  They'll live. 

I couldn't find generic soda, so I didn't buy it.  I bought some decaf iced tea mix, I love that stuff.  I drink 2 quarts every night. 

I figured out I drink, on average, between one and a half, to two gallons of liquid every day.  Lithium is diuretic and I have always been a "camel."  Ron thinks camels are very thirsty, for some reason.

I had just enough time to buy some sausage/pancakes on a stick. They looked good and are cheap.  They taste good, too.  I have to be careful with sausage, it can make me really queasy these days.  I also got some sausage biscuits and a medium frozen pizza.  The pizza was only $4.  The last one was delicious. 

I was done, I checked out.  Our ride came pretty quickly, and we went home.  We later went to the bookstore and checked the vending machine.  It needs 3 cases.  We came home and I took a nap. 

Bubba joined me.  I slept great. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather, long time reader, sometime commenter... I too am a phone breaker, if you can get an IPhone3 (they are old and cheaper now), look for an Otterbox, or an Otterbox for whatever phone you get. I've had mine now, and my phone is a tank!

I, honestly, toss it all over just to show people, I can drop it anywhere and it works fine, it has hit roads, cement, tile, from 6-7 feet up--never an issue. It's gotten wet even, still lugs on. It's a black ugly box and thick thick rubber, but who cares? It's a tank.