Wednesday, April 3, 2013

"Thanks for killing my friends"

So, things have been pretty quiet for us.  Ron decided to take Tuesday and Wednesday off.  Yesterday, we went to the grocery store.  I vaccumed.  We love the new vaccum, the cats hate it. 

Last night, I slept poorly, so I slept late today.  9 AM.  Don't forget we work Saturdays.  I watched Criminal Minds for a while and did a little more housework. 

Which brings me to about the only interesting thing that did happen today.  Don't get me wrong, I adore boring.  I wish I could have it every day.  But it tends to be rare in my life. 

I have needed to wash Ron's sheets for a while.  However, when he's at home, he's in bed, lying down.  He doesn't want to get up so I can change the sheets.  I have to "get" them when he's up and usually I forget. 

Today, I remembered, and "made" him sit in his wheelchair for a few minutes as I changed the bed.  He has a lot of stuff in he bed, talking books, talking book machines, headphones, remote, an old VCR that Bubba loves and we can never throw out, etc. 

Bubba likes to sit on the VCR.  It's his chair.  Ron got rid of it and Bubba sulked so much Ron actually got it back out of the trash can, by himself.  He did cut off the cord because it's broken.

Ron and I think, the burglars didn't bother with his room because they saw his dead computer graveyard and the VCR, and said "Forget it". 

So, I took off the old sheet, stained and filthy.  I changed the cover on his euro pillow.  He likes the 26 inch square pillow, nice and flat.  I prefer standard pillows, nice and fluffy, stacked atop each other. 

He has 2 sets of sheets, the dark gray sheet and gray check pillowcase, and the solid navy pillowcase and sheet.  He only likes a fitted sheet.   He has two blankets, a knitted afghan I made, and a fleece one I bought at the linen shop.  He also has a feather comforter which he seldom uses, but when he does he loves it. 

That's all he wants. 

So, I dragged my prey off to the laundry room, and I told Ron "Billions of bacteria are about to die". 

"Those are my friends" he replied with perfect mock bitterness.  I cackled evilly and loaded them in the washer. 

I turned it on, HOT setting, and SOAK.  It began to agitate as I closed the top. 

"They're dying right now" I told Ron, as he pretended to pout.

Later on, he got up and went back to his room. 

"Thanks for killing my friends!" 

God, I love that man! 

1 comment:

Melanie said...

He's a man, so he's a creature of habit-all the ones I know of are just the same, lol.