Sunday, April 21, 2013

Random thoughts, strung together

I woke up with a migraine so this will be more in the "random thoughts, strung together" category. 

I think what bothers Ron about my weight - I don't seem to mind.  I don't talk about it (mainly because he will get started), but yes, it does bother me.  For now I have accepted it because I have a lot on my plate.  So, he thinks I'm fine with it, he's not, and he wants me to know.  I think, when it comes up next time, I'll tell him "I know my weight bothers you.  It bothers me, too." 

I ate 2 small apples with my dinner last night (a cheap chicken TV dinner with tomato sauce).  I got a migraine from the apples.  I know it's them because I've eaten the TV dinner before. 

I saved my TV dinner tray for Bubba-cat (the black one).  He loves tomato sauce.  I discovered this about a year ago, I had placed the TV dinner tray on the floor, it had a few tablespoons of sauce.  I was depressed and didn't want to get up to dispose of the tray.  Bubba came in, went over to investigate, and began lapping up the sauce.  So, when I have a "tomato saucy" TV dinner, I save the tray for Bubba. 

When I worry about Bubba eating tomato sauce, I remind myself he eats live rats.  If he can eat a live rat, been eating them for a decade, I think he can handle a little sauce.  Besides, Garfield loved lasagne, which has tomato sauce, and Garfield was based on a real orange tabby cat. 

I opened my last bottle of generic Excedrin today "Headache Relief Formula".  I'll need to get some more.   I still have 98 left, but I will not run out of headache pills.  It's working pretty well right now, and has me functional, rather than prostrate in bed vomiting into a bucket. 

Speaking of Bubba eating live rats, I need to get his rabies vaccine.  I don't want that going off. 

Ron didn't want to go to church.  I'm glad, because I am not up for church.  I went once with a migraine and it was pretty awful. 

Catching up on laundry, I have done a load of colors, in the dryer.  I have done a load of "whites" that needed bleach.  Ron got me in the bad habit of mixing up the laundry, and my socks are pretty dingy (I like white cotton ankle socks).  The whites are finishing up, the colors are in the dryer.  Then I have a wool blanket to wash somehow - Bubba vomited on it.  I'm glad the hairball is out of him, he's a sweet boy, and I don't mind, but now I have to wash the blanket.  I bought it for $7, 5 years ago, so I'm not too worried.  After the blanket I have some new underwear to wash (didn't need bleach), and a couple random dark things Ron gave me last night. 

I love my washer.  I hear bad things about the "new" washers, so I'm glad I have my old-style agitating top loader.  My dryer works great, too. 

Thank God I have a guy at work who can repair either, and our vending machine repairman says he has fixed all his own appliances, too.  Thank God for good reliable guys, should I ever need them. 

Since we have fledged mockingbirds in the yard, I had Ron lock the pet door this morning.  Both cats are fine with it.  Bubba is in my bed, and Baby Girl is on top of Ron as he sleeps.  Ron sleeps like a dead man, cats love it.  They can climb up on him and he stays in the same position for hours.  I toss and turn, frequently.  Cats hate it. 

That's it for now. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cats are fine with cooked tomatoes--raw ones not so much.

Anonymous said...

Cats are fine with cooked tomatoes--raw ones not so much.

Heather Knits said...

Good, it was cooked.