Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Queasy

OH, I'm so horribly queasy. 

I read an interesting statement somewhere - it said "When you're taking lithium, if you get queasy you need to drink more water".  I think it's right.  It's just hard to drink anything when I feel like I might "blow" any second.  But I'm getting it in. 

I woke up with a pretty bad headache today; excedrin helped, but it was still present, and I had to take more than one dose of painkiller.  A bad headache only needs only dose, pretty bad needs multiple. 

I had to work, and I could, and that's what mattered.  I slept in and had a choice of a shower, or doing my God Time.  Last time I did the shower so this time I did the God Time.  I looked fine - I tried putting some hair gel on the top of my head, around my part.  The hair tends to frizz up in the humidity. I was impressed, it worked pretty well considering I only took a few seconds.  I'm glad I got the 99 Cent store #10 ultimate hold made in America hair gel. 

They have nice, giant bars of soap.  I'm using the Lemon Verbena in the shower.  It is a nice light lemon scent with good lather and bar hardness.  Some stuff, like my acne soap, takes one look at the shower and dissolves.  I get that at the Dollar store, too, along with exfoliating reusable sponges.  I use the exfoliating sponge on my face with the acne soap, and store the soap on top of the bar.  It seems to work fine.  Even at almost 39, I still have oily skin.  So does my Dad, and he's over 70. 

Shower to come later.  One reason I didn't do a video blog.  I took a nap when I got home so my hair is pretty scary. 

Off to the warehouse.  Ron gave me $50 to buy my snack inventory.  I prayed about it (privately, I don't believe in making a big display) and went shopping.  I got 3 boxes of pastry (individually wrapped), 2 boxes of chips (one assorted), a box of Japanese peanuts (my regulars will eat the entire box in a week), a case of assorted cracker/cookies, etc.  I spent $49.75 and gave Ron back his quarter. 

When the budget is tight (and it is, because we just paid sales tax), I "front" the machines.  Each (snack) machine has coils.  Instead of filling the entire coil, I'll fill the first couple coils, only.  The machine appears full, but it isn't.  Even the people from the state suggest this. 

I got Ron some things, also.  We got out and had a very good laugh.  It was Ray again, come to pick us up.  Everytime we go to the warehouse we get Ray.  Ray is a very nice guy and a good driver, and never complains about putting up the merchandise (of course I help). 

We even had a straight trip to work. 

We got it all unloaded and I left Ron with it while I went in the building to get the hand cart.  I literally opened the door (don't forget I still had the headache) and a woman sprayed me in the face with Lysol.  Oh!  It was ghastly.  I could taste it. 

I will leave you to muse on how I felt, getting lysoled the minute I went into work.  Maybe she heard I skipped my shower (but not the deodorant!) this morning. 

I got the cart, put Ron's wheelchair by the door, and loaded the cart.  I walked Ron to the front door (he asked) while pushing the cart.  Then he went off in the wheelchair and I started stocking.  I gave Ron "his" inventory and he did his things (bottled soda and food machine), while I worked on snacks. 

I had done canned soda yesterday.  I knew it was fine.  I tried to make change and literally found $1 in the vending machine.  Talk about depressing.  The machine made $1 in a whole day.  That's where I sigh and leave it all up to God. 

I stocked the snacks, and they looked GOOD.  I was very happy. 

About that time, our time had run out and we had to go.  So, we did.

We just came home.  My head was still throbbing but I didn't whine.  I don't like whiners. 

Ron doesn't whine either.  I often see him rubbing his hand.  He needs to get a thumb joint replacement, but both he and his doctor want to wait until he is in agony, last-resort.  He only has one good hand, so if they screw it up....  I accept that, but I know he hurts a lot.  He never complains, though. 

I'd rather just get it over with - like when I had my ovarian cyst out.  "Let's just get it out" I said.  So, we did, and I'm glad. 

But it's Ron's body, and his decisions. 

Well, the nausea is better.  Drinking more when queasy, taking lithium, really works.

So, we came home.  The driver was a very nice guy. 

I always enjoy seeing Baby Girl come out to greet us.  She's a little love bug.  She's sleeping on the back of the couch right now as Ron snores in the man cave. 

Sometimes I think I married a vampire.  He loves to sleep during the day, awake at night.  I guess, being blind, daytime doesn't matter as much. 

I finally got my debits fixed.  When my account got hacked none of my charity went through.  I had to redo them both.  I had been a little lazy but I finally got that done. 

Yay!  I was happy to do that. 

We're supposed to get a lot of rain tonight, but they've been saying that for a while "A lot of rain" and then it passes us.  We're in a drought, we need more.  All the grass is green, but still we need the water. 

If it does rain, I plan to finish the "People of the Ark" series tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear about bubba cat :(