Friday, April 12, 2013

Another ghetto handout

All done!  I handed out 54! 

I had brought more, Spanish, because I HATE it when they ask if I have Spanish, and I do, but I left it at home.  I'd rather bring an extra 40 or so then run short. 

However, I was wiped out of everything English and about 5 Spanish in, according to my husband, 23 minutes.  They kept me running! 

I had a LOT of people who saw Ron's sign (we were at a T intersection, and he waved his sign to the long arm of the T), pulled into the gas station, and laid on their horns until I ran over and distributed whatever they wanted. 

People go nuts for the Childrens' Bibles - everyone wants them for the kids.  So, at each car, I was doing a couple of adults and a couple of kids, each.  The kids in the backseat love it when I reach a Bible to them, as the parents smile and hold their Bibles. 

I was glad I had brought the Spanish, because I had some takers, including some guys who worked for a painting contractor.  There was a traffic problem that backed up traffic on the other side of the street and I did about 10 Bibles as a result.  I know God did that.

I thought it was interesting, a pastor handed me his card and asked me to pray for him.  His name is Michael. 

The driver who took us to the spot in the ghetto is also a pastor, making some extra money.  We had a very good talk on the way.

We had the wheelchair.  Ron and I bought it from a tool company about 4 years ago.  It's welded steel, heavy but good.  As I pushed him home from the bus stop (we took the bus home, and it's about half a mile to the house), and turned the corner, it made a loud POP and the wheel started to wobble.  I'm glad whatever happened happened right in front of the house.  Ron's going to have a look at it but he thinks it is fine.  If not we can afford to get a new one (they are not expensive). 

I intend to, if Mom wants, to do a small demonstration handout on Sunday after church, in the area near my house (she will feel comfortable there).  I think that will be fun for all of us.  So, please pray on that. 

Oh, and I saw a couple of police cars.  The first had tinted windows, but the second one (I waved at both) waved back and smiled, pointing me out to her partner.  :pound  I thought that was cute. 
As always, I had plenty of gapers and double-takers but I don't mind.  I'll get them on the next handout. 

Thank you for praying! 

No comments: