Friday, April 12, 2013

"I'm going to lose my temper".

I'm pretty pleased with how I handled myself. 

As you may know, I always seem to have some kind of hassle around the Bible Handouts.  I'm used to that.  It can be all kinds of things.  Maniacally barking dogs.  Ron "off the chain".  Both.  [eek face]  I'm sick.  Ron's sick.  Someone I love is sick.  Problems with the cats - like when Bubba proudly lets live rats loose in my bedroom. 

You get the idea.  Drama.  Hate it. 

Sooooo.  We'll call them #3.  #3 used to be a nice Asian family, with an elderly exemption.  Apparently, they are renting now, because a young latino family lives there. 

Let me be clear: I love the 3 latino families living directly by me.  They are great. 

However, these guys are more "ghetto".  They like to play loud ooom-pah-pah music all night long (literally).  The first time they turned it off when they saw me, obviously tracking the music.  It was 5 AM.  Tracking backwards, it was probably the night they moved in.  The second time, Ron just called the police. 

Tonight, Ron was asleep.  I thought, well, maybe they will understand.  So, I walked over, pretty upset.  Ron and I pay a lot of money to live in a quiet neighborhood, and then some renter wants to come in and muck it all up. 

But this post isn't about them.  Because Baby Girl came with me, following me like a faithful puppy.  They didn't see her.  I worked very hard at maintaining my composure. 

They were in the house with the door open; the truck doors open, and the music blaring.  I walked up the door and said "Excuse me, could you please turn down your music?  I live 2 blocks away and I can hear it in my house.  I need to get up at 4 AM."  The young lady assured me they would turn it down, and of course they didn't. 

Baby Girl returned with me, frisking through the yard.  I had to grin at her.  It is really hard to be angry when I've got a frolicking kitten.

And the music is off...

Because, when I got home, I called the police.  They were very busy, I told them I hated to bother them, and politely asked them to go talk to #3  "I went over and asked them politely, and if I go back I'll lose my temper".  I am probably still on the books as "crazy" after that incident 2 years ago. 

He said he'd get someone right out, and they did, because the music is off.  Now I can go to bed.  I'm not saying the place has to be a morgue, but I don't want to hear your music when I'm lying in bed, with my noisemaker on, in my house, 2 blocks away.  I think that is a reasonable request.  None of my other neighbors is compelled to act that way. 

I am certain it is awful and a horrible witness to hope they move out soon.  I will have to pray for them, maybe send them some Bibles in Spanish.  They just seem like dumb young kids who don't understand that some people need to get up early on the weekend. 

But I do, and I need my sleep. 

No comments: