Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sometimes I need a night off.

Poor Pretty Kitty has the runs.  I think the shock of moving and a new cat food have combined to make her a little uncomfortable.  She has an appetite, I've heard her eating at night.  I'm just praying she gets well soon (or off to the vet). 

This weekend will be crazy - guys coming over to paint the house BLUE praise You forever Jesus.  It'll freak out the Metrolift drivers for a bit but they'll live. 

I think I should get some prominent new house numbers, though. 

So, I have tomorrow off and it's pretty much an off day.  I got my lithium level back.  It's good, which means I just need to deal with the side effects. 

I've said it before, I see why people go off their meds - but to me that doesn't excuse it.  I know what I am off my pills - and I will not inflict that on anyone. 

Anyway, onto happier subjects.  Tonight I mainly just played online and listened to Demon Hunter.  I didn't do the laundry, pick up, or organize.  I played a few songs for Ron while he rode the exercise bike and that's it. 

I need to have some time off now and then.  I'm always "on".  If I'm not caregiving and managing life with an alcoholic, I'm helping run a small business.  I also manage a very severe form of mental illness and mother two cats. 

Now, I'm absolutely certain someone out there has a much more difficult time - and I'm praying for you.  I have my hands full with just this. 

Sometimes I need a night off. 

If I weren't worried about - horrors - disrupting my sleep cycle I'd spend hours awake reading my book ("People of Babel" the last book in the "People of the Ark" series).   I can save that for tomorrow. 

I can pick up the house tomorrow. 

No comments: