Monday, April 22, 2013

Scruff

Not my best moment: I found myself shouting at a driver today. 

A work pickup is pretty complicated.  The driver can see 3 driveways.  One is marked "entrance".  However, it is the entrance for other parking lot. 

I was standing in the employee entrance/visitor parking parking lot.  I kept seeing him drive up and down the street, waving at him, saw him go in the wrong parking lot, twice.  Then he parked.  AGH. 

I ended up walking about half a mile, carrying my backpack, at high speed.  I was worried he would start driving away from me. 

I yelled at the wrong person, Ron was in the hallway between the stockrooms, talking to the other vendor.  It's a notrious dead zone for cell phones.  I must have called him 10 times, leaving progressively more annoyed messages. 

Ron knows better than to go in a dead spot when we have a ride due, because I call him to come out.  I asked God to help but I didn't really submit my will to Him, so I acted badly. 

I was too caught up in my frustration, and yelled at the driver "Didn't you read the notes!  I've been waiting in the other driveway!  I had to walk all the way over here, from there!" (pointing)  The man, a very nice immigrant, kind of gaped at me. 

"There are no trip notes, ma'am."  I looked at the computer.  Nothing.  Just the address.  The lady Ron talked to last night deleted our pickup notes "Employee Entrance, wife outside waving, 832-123-4567" 

AGH!  I apologized, and told him we needed to go to the other parking lot.  He was nice about it, nicer than I'd have been. 

Then, because Ron still wasn't answering his phone, I had to get out of the vehicle, find Ron, and drag him out by his scruff.  I yelled at him about dead spots and the cell phone, in front of the other vendor. 

Ron objected; the computer said he wasn't due yet, and I told him, again, you can't trust the computer.  He came out and apologized to the driver for making him wait. 

We had a pretty long trip.  A woman lived way out. at the edge of the service area and went almost 20 miles to go work at McDonald's.  Her perfume was so overpowering Ron and I had to open our windows.  I would hate to have her prepare my food. 

We rode with the guy for about an hour total, and I apologized 3 different times, 3 different ways, over the hour.  He sincerely forgave me. 

I would never, unless commanded by God, live off a bus line.  You are totally dependent on paratransit or friends.  With a bus line, if I want to do a handout and Ron doesn't, so what, I can go do it on the bus.  I have 2 great handout spots right there on the bus line.  I need my transportation independence, one thing I am exploring in "Broken", with Jenny. 

After we dropped her (the other client, not Jenny!), we went to Walmart.  I have to admit I was pretty hungry.  I did get the cat treats, snacks for Ron, and I found my coveted generic 2 liter sodas.  I bought several, and some food, ice cream, vitamin C (more later), and "my" shampoo, the Pantene Ultimate 10.  I am impressed.  It actually does what it says it does. 

I can really see improvement at the end of my hair; it's about 18 inches long and the bottom (I cut off the split ends a few weeks ago) can get tangled, rough, and difficult.  Right now it is still soft, styled, and nicely curled.  I'm happy, and I'm the generic queen. 

I buy almost everything generic, except my shampoo, one female item, underwear, and that's it.  They must be doing a good job. 

So, I got my shopping done, still have some money left.  I had to use the self-check; the checker lines were horrendous and very long.  A little kid kept patting my butt as his mother waited behind me. 

I just thought it was cute.  I love medication. 

I started gobbling my corn dog as we waited for our ride, and guess who pulls up?  Our last driver, the one I yelled at. 

I offered him a corn dog, and he thought about it.  [giggle]  Good.  I like to feed the drivers.  He did take a cold bottle of water when we got home.  I caught him smiling at Baby Girl as she frolicked, and I brought in the soda. 

I finished my meal, and took my lithium.  I'm so glad I have it.  Nap time. 

Ron went to the liquor store while I slept, and bought vodka.  Good.  Sounds insane, right?  But the last time he went he bought 151 proof rum.  I was happy to see he went to half strength.  I don't tell him what to buy, the alcoholic groups are clear on that.  I just teased him about the bottle, telling him it was gin. 

I got up and found a case of Bibles on the porch.  I dragged them into my lair and I plan to do some up tonight. 

I know I've got another handout coming, but I don't know when. 

No comments: