Thursday, April 7, 2011

A man in the kitchen

Ron's in the kitchen right now, I can't really do a video blog. 

To answer the question about the "Nice man" - a nice man wouldn't be paying attention to a married woman!   Not like that.  I am very friendly with everyone, male or female.  Today I was chatting with a guy who looked kind of like a human pretzel (he had some back problems).  I chatted with a happily married, male, bus driver. 

Tomorrow, when he's sober, I plan to set some boundaries with him.  "If you curse me out, I will give you a warning.  If you curse me out again, I will leave and rent myself a hotel room.  I will not help you with anything the next day."  I will specify that name callling and cursing are the same. 

I was cruising some of my message boards and wondering how I could get a word from God.  I remembered, I hadn't done my God Time. If I get any significant insights I'll tell you. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent solution. You sound more empowered than I have ever read on your blogs! I am proud of this step you are taking. Follow through will be essential to get Ron to take you seriously. This may be your first step in getting your life to where you want it to be. That may be with Ron or without him. You really don't ask for much just a man who does not degrade you, curse you out, cheat on you (even though it is only phone sex), etc.

Anonymous said...

Heather, I just watched the video. First, I like you growing your hair out. It's gonna look really pretty. Second, the end of the video worried me a little since it ended abruptly.

Heather Knits said...

Well, all the books on boundaries say make the boundary clear, and the consequence. Let's hope this works.