Monday, April 4, 2011

God doesn't want me to be a bitter hater

So, tomorrow's my Offday. 

Ron had a little money saved up for us to eat out.  I mentioned Denny's is having a big bacon thing; all kinds of bacon specials. 

He immediately went to the phone and invited our friend (the one who helps him buy alcohol) to come to breakfast with us, tomorrow.  I'm OK with that. 

However, I did tell Ron, it seems like everytime we got out we're with him.  I didn't want a group marriage, and sometimes I'd like to have a little date with just my husband. 

I'm not sure he got what I was saying, but... it was "After 12".  More thumping from Ron's room.  [shrug]  He's not calling for help or anything, so I will continue to "Detach with Love" as they say in Al-anon. 

My space soap opera... well.  He was half naked, walking down the hall, away from the bathroom, looking for the bathroom.  I redirected him in a neutral manner (Turn a 180 and walk about 15 feet to the bathroom).  He thanked me. 

See, if I get all shrieky he'll react and be very belligerent.  If I'm just neutral and practical; things go a lot better.  From what I read alcoholics beat themselves up quite a bit; they don't need any extra help. 

And when I think about it, kind of dumb and pointless to yell at someone who's drunk.  Ron keeps thanking me.  Well, God doesn't want me to be a bitter hater. 

Anyway, ALL my lithium on board.  So I can have whatever I want for "dinner".  I'm thinking a few slices of toasted low carb bread with butter and my home-made jelly, and some homemade chai tea (decaf).  Basically, really strong black chai decaf tea, mixed with some milk. 

I need to do up my pills for the week, and add more lithium and Wellbutrin to my pill bottle.  I always carry extra medication in my backpack. 

And, my space soap opera is on at 9.  I'll want to watch that.  And a shower, too... but not too close to bedtime. 

Another vacant house on my street; I want to do some research on that.  "For sale or lease" makes me a little nervous.  It seems we're turning into a bunch of rent-houses. 

[shrug] 

No comments: