Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Line

Within the last couple of months, the local newspaper has done two stories.  Each featured a woman who had caught a horrible infection, that required the amputation of both arms and both legs. 

It got me thinking.  I told Ron, I would be furious if you consented to that.  One limb, OK, but not all 4.  Nothing extreme for me.  No dialysis, no transplants.  You had better let me keep my lithium to the bitter end.   If I am badly burned, let me die.  I would rather be dead than badly burned, especially as it's such a long recovery process. 

If I am paralyzed from the waist down, I would work with that.  Anything "higher" and I will have to refer you to "no extreme measures".  I am a Christian, I know where I'm going and I know I'm saved by faith. 

Alive at all costs?  No way.  You will know when it's time to let me go, sooner, rather than later.  Don't you torture me because you can't stand the idea of "losing" me.  If I'm out of my body, I'm with God, and that's a way better place. 

Now to CC to all my family members. 

No comments: