Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Oooh, my feet hurt!

Harvest time.  Tomato, two ears of corn.  Also a good cup of beans.  I ate them for dinner! 

I had a very busy day.  I got up around 8:30, did my God Time, talked to Ron, shower, all that good stuff.  I headed out the door and went to the grocery store. 

The handyman is coming tomorrow, and I wanted to get him a treat.  The kitchen is a mess, so he probably wouldn't want anything I cooked, even if I used the oven.  I wouldn't due to the heat! 

So, I bought him some bakery-made cookies.  They had a nice variety, a couple each of several delicious looking cookies.  I also got him a 6-pack of Dr Pepper bottles. 

A good time to remind you, I'm on the bus.  I have to walk more than a block, less than a mile, each way to the bus stop, carrying whatever it is I have.  So I didn't get a whole lot. 

I did get more items for the disaster kit.  I don't think I'll use it; probably some scavenger after the rapture, but I felt like I should get them so I did.  When I added in the Diet Dr Pepper for me, I decided I had enough. 

In fact, it was AWFULLY heavy, so I brought it home and put it up.  Ron was surprised to see me. 

I'm happy to say, no suprises for me, either!  I have heard a lot of sad, sad, stories of people who went home early and the revelation destroyed their marriage.  Ron was out of bed and greeted me. 

I had a snack and headed out again; I'd done my "work", now I wanted some fun.  I was also mildly worried "Anonymous" would yell at me again if I only got groceries on my Day Out!  [grin]

I went to the Christian bookstore; they made it really clear they want to see me, if nothing else.  Happily, I did have some non-Bible business.  My adoptive Mom and my sister are each getting something for Mother's Day.  I got the items and some cards, looked around, ordered some more New Testaments, and yakked at them for a while. 

Now and then, I realize I have made an "inappropriate" remark by the way someone reacts.  Not sexually inappropriate, but "off".  I always want to beat myself up for a while afterwards, but remind myself God needed someone a little "off".  Normal wouldn't do half of what I do, and wouldn't even CONSIDER the other half! 

I, ah, stumbled, apparently when I remarked, if I were Catholic, I would put one of those prayer cards (maybe St Joseph) in the vending machine we call "The Beast".  [shrug]  They did the kind of glance at each other, raised eyebrows thing.  AGH. 

Which brings me to a gripe; people who call themselves "Evangelist".  [shrug]  People call me that, and I accept it, but I really think of myself as Heather, or if it's in regards to my faith God's child/servant.  Not very obedient at times!  [laugh]  I don't give myself a title; the Apostle Paul called himself a "Slave" of Jesus, and that's good enough for me. 

I don't want a title, other than "Mrs. Ron" - what I had to do to earn that Mrs!  A lot of trials, because I didn't have it, but I've covered that. 

If someone wants to give me a title, fine, but I don't want it.  If you ever find me on Facebook, it is Heather [lastname].  I don't want a fancy title.  I want God to tell me I was a good servant, when the time comes. 

If He spoke to me direct I would probably soil myself, take an antipsychotic, and call my doctor!  "Doc!  God just spoke to me!"  [snicker]

After that, I went to the Walmart, looking for my beloved $8 mix.  It is a huge bag of individually wrapped candy, for $8.  I didn't see a label on the display, which I find ominous.  I just bought a tshirt. 

[I am swaying from side to side, singing along with Theocracy]  Which brings me to yet another topic.  I sing along with my music.  I love my music.  I spend probably a few hours a day, every day Out, waiting on a bus - which is why I am often found, at the bus stop, singing along with my music.  I must be a sight.  I get the gape, and then the grin.  [shrug]  I'm out there in all kinds of weather, snow, ice, rain, thunderstorm - that was funny.  It was pouring rain and I looked like a huge yellow lemon in my poncho, dancing in place, doing my own rap-a-long with 116 Clique's "Fanatic" "I'm an F-A-N-A-T-I-C!  I rep Christ till I D-I-E!  I'm not extreme, I'm redeemed with faith, to serve a God that's extremely great!" 

All of a sudden, a nice older voice asked me if I'd like a ride.  An older lady heard me - saw me - and decided it was safe to give me a ride.  I accepted and rode up to my connector bus stop. 

So, I'll keep singing.  I have a lot to sing about; God's got my back.  My happiness should not be dependent on my circumstances; it should be dependent on my relationship with God.  If I'm close to Him, things are better. 

I was positively starving for some good God Time today.  I had skipped a few days.  Ugh.  God time makes me nicer.  I don't like the person I am when I skip. 

So, I went to the grocery store, and home, and out again.  Then the Christian bookstore, Walmart, and Starbucks.  It was a little later but they got my drink right.  I relaxed for a while (my feet were killing me, I had walked about 5 miles in some older shoes).  I had worn my old shoes because it might rain. 

After Starbucks I went to the bus stop and caught my connectors to go home.  I took out the trash and checked on the garden, found the corn was ripe, and a tomato.  Picked a nice bowl of various snap beans.  Cooked the corn briefly, gave Ron the "better' ear - I wanted his first experience with home-grown corn to be stellar.  He adored it and is licking his lips, waiting on the next one. 

I ate my ear, a tad starchy, but good.  Ate the tomato and beans, I will have some milk later and take my lithium.  I will always eat my vegetables if I grow them.  I had about 4 servings today. 

I pass a vacant lot near a bus stop.  It had lovely looking black raspberries.  I picked a few.  UGH.  The worst, ever.  I was so glad I had a couple of ripe strawberries in my garden to take the taste.  So, that's a fruit serving, too. 

Pretty good.  Now I have about an hour and a half before I need to go to bed. 

Tomorrow?  Work.  Was supposed to be off, but that's small business for you. 

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love your harvest and that photo ..all my colored corn I dry and grind up into polenta (or grits ..same thing really!)


I made pasta tonight I know you do not do wheat but this was a nice pesto with fresh sorrel, parsley, mint and chives dropped in hot oil then tossed on pasta with some grated parm
it is so good!

have you grown or tried to grow sorrel it is tart and I just love it fresh from the garden

Heather Knits said...

I've tried, I am good at killing it. Really good at killing it. Poor sorrel :(