Thursday, April 21, 2011

A short one today

I had a good day; got a lot done.  Pretty exhausted.  I'd love to "do more" but remind myself it's quality of life that matters. 

We went to the wholesale club and bought 12 cases of drinks, then took them to work and unloaded them into my stockroom.  Then lunch, then Home Depot for some cinderblocks. 

I wanted to make my outdoor kitchen; basically a propane camping stove, on some cinderblocks.  Ron and I are in agreement: cooking in the house, in summer, is a bad idea.  Why run the A/C and a hot stove at the same time? 

In our first apartment, we didn't have a stove.  We did a lot with a crock-pot and microwave. 

Now that I have my canning stuff; it's even more important to do it outside if possible.  For pressurecanning some items, you have to cook them for 90 minutes.  Boiling.  In the house.  In summer! 

Ah, no. 

So, we did that.  I got 4 cinderblocks.  We came home. 

I set up my little stovepad in the backyard; then I took my nap.  When I woke up, I got online.  My local news site mentioned that our governor is requesting Texans to pray for rain this weekend.  I've been praying; we are in a severe drought.  If it weren't for my hose, my garden would be dead. 

My faith is important to me.  I voted for the governor because I didn't like the other guy's policies.  For me, it really was a case of "He is better for business, and the I don't like the other guy".  Currently Texas has one of the only decent economies in the nation. 

I see a lot of out-of-state plates on the freeways.  Other people know it, too. 

So, I think it's great; the guy I voted for is asking us to take a serious problem to God, in prayer.  Like we should! 

I'm happy. 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

we bought a huge propane burner on sale one year ..the kind they use to deep fry turkeys ..I never regretted it ..if you ever find a nice sized wok that fits your burner ..a friend of mine from the Philipines showed me how to do this but you can cook everything in a wok on a propane burner very quick ..and it also saves tons of fule! keep your eyes open at the trift store that is where I got mine and then just reseasoned it ..I even cook our scrambled eggs in it during the summer..there is something so lovely about picking something from your garden and then cooking it there! I am so excited for the fun you are going to have with this I have loved it!! you are "one" with your garden!