Friday, April 8, 2011

I had to have the nuts

So, you're right - I need to do some nice things for me this weekend. 

First, we got up.  Went to work.  My label gun malfunctioned again.  I had to bring it home.  I'll work on it later.  We stocked what we could (sales are dead - I am glad we own a small home and don't drive). 

Ron actually came out and sat with me outside while I waited on our ride.  I like quality time.  That's my love language "Quality Time". 

We rode around for a bit, the driver was a little into the nailbitey category, but not "biting my cuticles" bad.  [laugh]  We got to Walmart. 

Most of the "Kiddie carts" have bad wheels.  I found one that was less damaged than the others, but didn't check the seat.  Ron sat in some melted candy.  Agh.  As his laundress, thank God for Shout gel sticks. 

You will probably find it karmic that Ron essentially looked like he'd had a terrible bowel accident, when he did get out of the seat.  Then he wanted to walk through the Walmart with that crud all over his butt.  It's pathetically sad, and very, very, funny, at the same time.  Especially considering some of the things he said! 

Anyway, we got our pills.  Yay, mood stabilizers (btw, I am taking them at my prescribed dose).  I was actually a little toxic today, I felt pretty queasy and shaky all day.  I need to drink more fluids.  The proper dose and the toxic one are pretty close. 

Ron was all, get another one.  I said, you don't know what it's like in my head.  I would vomit nonstop all day long to keep from going back!  Not to mention, I don't know well-controlled people on the other stuff.  One drug causes a fatal skin reaction, and started to in a family member of mine.  Another causes major snack attacks.  That's out.  I am OK with lithium and accept the side effects. 

Ron said, he wished he could make it better.  I said, thank you.  Maybe a cold soda would help?  He got me one, I drank it, and let out a huge belch.  He was happy, I was happy. 

His love language is "Acts of Service" - he wants to do something. 

Yesterday, when I was out, I got some zinnias and a nice little pepper plant.  It's a "Yummy".  I grew it years ago when I was very ill; and once I got it in the ground it did great, in spite of severe neglect.  It kept going.  I'd go out there after ignoring it for a month, and it would have nice little peppers all over it.  I made a strong mental note to BUY ANOTHER YUMMY PEPPER if I ever saw another. 

I did, and I did.  It has nice little small peppers.  Good for a salad.  I don't really eat the big ones much. 

Then I got some screws and nuts for my u-posts.  If you've seen the garden videos, you've seen the metal posts in the back of the garden beds.  They're designed for fencing.  They have screw holes all up and down the body of the pole.  I wanted to make my (5 foot) poles taller.  I had bought more poles. 

I just needed to connect them.  Ron had some screws, but they seemed pretty flimsy.  Since I was already at the home improvement center, I got a post, and went to the screw aisle. 

I was the only woman.  I was surrounded by professional types getting a few DIY items for their weekend project, day labor types getting necessary items, and a small business type looking at the nail guns.  I hunted up and down. 

I found screws, threaded all the way from the base to the head.  It didn't need to be sharp, probably a bad idea.  Blunt tip, threaded.  What size?  A few comparisons revealed the ideal size ought to be 1/4 inch by 1 inch long.  I found some candiates. 

Ron loves to do DIY projects, and he does them well.  He built me lots of furniture over the years, and assembled every item I ever got from Ikea (most of the house).  He built the gate. 

He loved that I weatherproofed this one like fine furniture!  So, I called him.  Did I want a hex head, or slotted?  He said phillips, if they had it, then slotted. 

OK.  I hung up.  Found a slotted.  $1 a bag, for 4 screws and 4 nuts (I had to have the nuts).   Got a couple, and paid up and left.  Lost the $6 in the parking lot.  [shrug]  Well, some desperate soul is happy they found it. 

It's God's money, anyway. 

I had the plants out in the garden.  I had to pull up what was left of the lettuce, and designated that area for the pepper.  I try to only buy a plant, if I know where I will put it. 

I only have a couple hundred square feet, after all. 

So, after Work and Walmart we came home.  I was pretty tired.  Ron wanted to do a liquor run, by himself... which he did.  I took a nice longer nap (about an hour) while he ran his errand. 

When I got up, I went out and had some fun in the garden.  I watered and did some weeding.  I made my post extensions.  I stung trellis netting.  I tenderly coaxed pole bean tendrils to climb the new netting.  Bean stems are itchy. 

As I was standing on my stepladder, leaning forward, stringing my netting, I thought "Better not fall.  Ron would be so screwed if I died like this - the authorities would think he killed me!"  So, I was careful not to fall.  Not to mention, it's going to be really hot this summer and I don't want a cast. 

I made sure to take some breaks, so I don't cook my brains.  One consistent warning on the Risperidone - don't get too hot.  It affects the temperature regulation center of the brain; and can cause heatstroke.  It also does a rocking job of eliminating hallucinations, delusions, and all kinds of mental wierdness - and gives me bigger breasts!   Like eating candy, that makes you thin.  You'd be happy to do it for the one reason! 

I dug some compost in the area, and planted the Yummy Pepper.  It looks good.  Dr Bob of Urban Harvest "DO NOT FAIL TO SHADE TRANSPLANTS" - in hot weather.  I got a newspaper type piece of junk mail and used that to shade the pepper.  I was happy to notice I didn't even get cranky at the neighbor children.  Always a sign I need some help with the medication, or a nap. 

I never say anything, and they can't see me anymore than I can see them.  Anyway, I did all that, with cold air breaks. 

We had to turn on the air conditioner.  Yike. 

I think it's going to be a very hot summer.  Last summer was pretty dry, and we are already in a pretty severe drought.  Hopefully we'll get plenty of rain. 

I ate a Bad Thing for dinner and took my pills.  Now I just need to do my God Time - I was a little wound up this morning, and didn't sleep very well. 

Ron is still attempting to work on the lawnmower, with the battery removed. 

1 comment:

Beef Curtain said...

Heather,

I am dying to know what a "Bad Thing" is!! Please tell us or do a video blog on Bad Things!

:)