Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I need to pray

I was so excited about this post, I am sitting here half-dressed, hungry, and thirsty, but I had to share. 

Romans 8:28 (NJKV):  And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Well, what does that mean? 

Let me start with my day.  I overslept.  Ron was really annoyed.  I was SUPPOSED to have today off, instead I had to go to the wholesale warehouse, and listen to Ron complain as we waited an hour for our pickup.  We picked up an extremely obese man on the way to work, and he was wearing so much cologne he gave me a massive headache that morphed into a migraine.  At work, stocked, and worked my tail off for hours until my feet were killing me.  I finally sat down and phony refund guy came by with a massive attitude.  Halfway though my bag of peanuts Ron starts shouting for me...

Finally got home and took my nap, but had nightmares.  Got up, the handyman never showed.  Ron shouted at me and was very intoxicated from noon onward.  I guess he is not rationing, because he is cutting back on the gabapentin, and has a liquor store run planned for tomorrow. 

When I got online, someone got upset because I referred to someone else, as a bully.  Well, to me, she was.  The kind of person I have to put on the prayer list.  I don't see the fun in kicking someone (me) when they're down but she was making it a sport!  [laugh] 

I was pretty upset and realized, I never had my God Time.  I NEED TO PRAY. 

I was thinking about all this, and it came to me: ALL THINGS WORK FOR THE GOOD... so that means God is using all of this to make me a better person; more like Jesus. 

Well, Jesus was very humble.  I can certainly use work on the humility; and the things I experience daily certainly work to that end.  Today's a really good example. 

I felt so STUPID when I found a load of wet t-shirts (mine), in the dryer... I had put them in, days ago, and forgotten to turn it on!  I hope they didn't mildew.  That's my life; I forget things. 

God uses it to show me, I can do all things in HIM (Phil. 4:13) - who makes me strong.  I am strong, in Jesus.  Without Jesus, I am just a pathetic wreck.   With Him, I can do amazing things. 

So I'll keep hanging onto Him, and asking Him to use me. 

No comments: