Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I don't think I'll tell

Parts of today were so awful, I'm laughing. 

Let's start you off properly:  Went to bed about 10, up at 6. 

However, lots of frenzied barking next door.  We are surrounded by dogs, nearly, and she's the only one barking.  Frenzied, like her family is being murdered on the other side of a glass door. 

It went on for hours.  So, very, loud.  I even tried turning on the washer to drown it out.  My only consolation was knowing the gang next door (all 10 or so) must be awake, too.  No one could sleep through that, and she was right under their bedroom windows.  I told Ron they can't put her in the house, they don't have any room.  From what I have seen of the garage (packed to the ceiling and so full you can't even see the walls), the fact they have at least 6 adults living there, you know they don't have a spare anywhere they could put her. 

When worlds collide: Ron was drinking.  He calls the police - again.  Oh, they must dread our number on the caller ID.  I hear him drunkenly ranting about the dog.  They send someone out; but the gang has figured out they don't want to answer the door. 

They ignore the police.  The police call and inform Ron "No one answered".  All the vehicles are in the driveway; but I didn't tell him that.  We all know they are home, all of us. 

I remind myself they are a bunch of children.  Only mental children would throw rotting trash all over their yard and refuse to pick it up until the health department issued multiple citations.  Only children wouldn't have water for their dog, on a hot day, AFTER the Humane Society came out and did "education".  So, they're children.  I remind myself of that as often as possible. 

Today, they (childishly) threw some trash in my yard.  I threw it back. 

I also pray they are gone in a few more months.  I get a little upset at God, I begged Him to please send the right people to live next door, and I get them.  However, I do pray for all my neighbors, their cars even, so maybe He needed me to do that. 

So... Ron went next door, like he does when the dog's going insane, and banged on the door and rang the doorbell for a good 10 minutes or so.  "Nobody could sleep through that" he informed me "But no one came to the door so they must have been gone." 

They weren't but I don't think I'll tell HIM that. 

Around 1 AM, the dog finally shut up and we all got some sleep. 

No comments: