Sunday, April 17, 2011

Enough is Enough

Dear [Landlord];


Years ago I was in my yard when you told one of your tenants [next door] was the first house you'd ever purchased, you were proud of it, and you'd appreciate it if they took care of it. Well, they're not.

You may or may not be aware I have counted at least 4 adult men living in the house, at least 2 adult women (a blonde and a brunette), and 2 children. Not only that, I have seen other children leaving the house like they do daycare (a parent drives up and pcks them up). When the garage door is open, it is so packed with junk I can't see the walls.

If you contact the homeowner's assocation, they will tell you about all the many, many problems all of us have had with the trash in the front and backyard. Just big piles of trash all over the place like they live at the dump. They had to get the Health department involved. I had problems with mice the minute they moved in. I must have killed at least a dozen. Right now they have a large pile of junk next to the driveway, old weedwhackers and other junk. One old vehicle in the driveway reeks of gas - I guess something is leaking.

If that is what they are letting us see on the outside, I can only imagine the inside. I think it is very sad when I remember you talking about it being your first home, and asking them to take care of it.

And the dog.

I don't know if you gave them permission to have a dog, but they do. It has destroyed the fence on two sides. The lady behind your house and I have both had to make extensive repairs to the fence. When I asked them to please fix the holes, they laughed at me. It barks constantly. I am awake right now at 2 AM, like I have been every day this week, because the dog barks at EVERYTHING.

I didn't complain when the other tenant's children ripped boards off the fence to get into my yard, or when they broke my gate, climbing on it. We haven't had any major problems with any of them, except these.

We have asked all possible ways for them to please pick up and take care of the dog - they don't. They have a very nasty "Make me" attitude.

When the owner of [two doors down] went to rent it, he had nice people looking at it in a few days - a family of 3 people only. They looked like they were nice, quiet, and respectful of the property you worked so hard to buy.

When they move out, please, please, PLEASE do not rent to another family with a dog. It has been terrible.

Don't believe me; please drive by and take a look. Look in the house. See what they are doing to your property. Come into my yard (you have permission) and look what I've had to do to the fence just to keep the dog out. Think about my blind husband in his wheelchair, listening to the barking every single night, then going to work the next day.

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter.

No comments: