Saturday, April 16, 2011

They hate to see our number...

This morning got off to a HORRIBLE start.  More wild barking next door at 4 AM.  Based on what I saw out front, I believe someone's dog got out, again, and went over to the yard.  Maybe the Barkappotamous is in heat?  And the strange dog sniffing around made her nuts. 

I try to tell Ron - and myself - that she bugs all of the 10 little piggies (my new name for them, at least 8 of them next door) at least as much as she bothers us.  More, in fact, because she is right at their windows. 

I believe I'm right - because I saw a dog tie out front - they had gotten out of bed, gotten a spool of weed whacker cord, and used it to tie the strange dog to the tree in their front yard.  At 4 AM. 

I have only had one person next door refer to the Barkappotamous as "my" dog.  She seemed like a very young woman - maybe 19.  I have never seen her spend time with the dog, walk it or do normal dogowner things... I don't even pretend to try to understand the weirdnesses of next door's tenants.  You should have seen the last ones...

So, anyway, Ron is shouting out the window at the dog, calling the police (oh, they must HATE to see our number on the caller ID), and generally making things a lot worse.  He was "altered" - from what I understand his medication means that his liver takes a LOT longer to sober up. 

I mean, they are obviously trying to make things work - and if I get annoyed, imagine how they must feel.  If the dog barks more than a few minutes, Ron will go beat on their door for 10 minutes, shouting at them and the dog, and call the police.  Frankly, I am amazed  he hasn't been arrested yet. 

I feel sorry for the people next door.  One day the guy came over and we had the spoken discussion and the unspoken discussion.  The spoken was "Who is the blind man?" and "Did you write a letter that was left on my van?" (no)   The unspoken, was, boy he's a drunk - can't you do anything?  No, sorry.  He has a lot of health problems.  Oh.   

So, [waving hand] a pretty LOUSY start to the day.  Lots of drama.  Sleep deprived.  I am starting to run a little manic because I recall feeling wide awake at 4 AM, and thinking maybe I should get up.  I did manage to get back to sleep. 

So, Ron didn't want to get up.  At all.  He got really mad when the ride came.  Wasn't ready.  I am always ready early. 

The driver, however, is a really nice Christian man.  I had a good chat with him while we waited on Ron.  Ron finally staggered out (that's how he walks, even sober). 

Off to Walmart.  Walmart had fixed the wheels on their kiddie carts.  We went and got his Neurontin (it dropped in price, a few more dollars), and I got some soda, etc... the usual Walmart stuff.  I got another 4 pack of the tshirts I like in Heather Blue - various shades of wedgewoody and denimy blues.  Cotton. 

We had a horrendous wait of 1 hour, 10 minutes, to go home.  Finally got home; had the same driver for our next trip.  I put up our stuff and brought the soda out for the Christian bookstore.  We went and stocked that, had a good ride home.  I took a brief nap, watered the plants, and worked on putting up the Walmart stuff. 

I plan to do some organizing while watching disaster flicks.  I am going to choose to make it a good day.  If I let stuff like this morning get me down I would never have a good day. 

Then, do my God Time. 

No comments: