Sunday, April 17, 2011

More ravenous barking

Yup, more ravenous barking for hours on end, last night.  I finally just got up. 

I prayed and prayed, and finally figured, "God, you must want me to write the landlord a letter".  When I did, the barking stopped. 

I mean, enough is enough.  I need my sleep!  I am dead serious when I say the dog always starts barking from 2-4 AM, EVERY NIGHT,  minimum.  I just wanted it to end. 

Plus, I have to figure the owner would WANT to know he has way more tenants than he thought.  I am certain they did not know they would be renting to two women, four men, two kids, and a home-based daycare.  Imagine the wear and tear!  That's just the ones I SAW! 

I can't imagine what it's like in that house. 

I am completely baffled by the dog - I have NEVER seen anyone spending time with the animal, petting it, playing, or talking to it.  It just runs around in the yard and barks constantly; and about the only kind thing I can say is it's not aggressive towards humans.  Why have a barkappotamous?  Don't they need THEIR sleep?  I don't think I want to understand. 

I mean, someone is always at the house, so they're not worried about robbery.  Besides, the dog barks all the time.  How would anyone know it was a burglary?  Let's not forget the fact that I had to sic the Humane Society on them because they had no shelter for the dog. 

I really had hoped they'd just surrender the dog.  Oh, well.  The dog has food and water, so nothing on that front. 

It's enough to turn me into a dog-hater; and I know that's wrong.  This is an unusual dog, obviously mentally challenged, a high-energy breed, and very bored.  All it can do is bark.  Most dogs are wonderful family pets, quiet and playful. 

I told the landlord, you can do a lot better than that. 

Ideally, he will throw them out.  Second best, make them get rid of the dog.  The homeowner's wife was adamant about hating all animals, so maybe they don't know.  I hope that is the case, and they will tell the tenants "Get rid of the dog or move". 

It's a nice middle class subdivision; if you want to have old time barrio style living, 8 people to a bedroom, fine, go do that in the barrio neighborhood.  But don't move here for the nice neighborhood and then do your best to throw it in the toilet. 

All that said, I plan to do some organizing today.  It would be pretty ironic if I ranted about the filthy people next door and the landlord came by my house, and it was messy. 

So, I'll organize and pray the letter has a good reception.  They don't live that far, it would be easy for them to drive over and have a look.

2 comments:

Euphrates said...

Its time for a video blog! You, barking lkke abarkapotomus!!

Heather Knits said...

Please pray that it ENDS.