Sunday, April 7, 2024

Was it the taco truck?

 I am horribly queasy but no other symptoms.  

It could be the taco truck but I would think I'd be stuck in the bathroom.  More likely it is probably my medication which is brutal on my stomach.  I have spent a good 20 years sick to my eyeballs.  

Not exactly how I wanted to spend my day off.  Ugh.  

Having said that, I was diagnosed in early September, 2006.  I couldn't get an appointment with a prescribing doctor until November.  I was off the rails crazy.  I had a lot of time to think and I did some research.  

(My sister sent me "helpful" material like a biography of a women with bipolar disorder that was not inspirational to say the least, and also an account of a suicidal man who ended up in a hospital - neither of which I needed to read in that state of mind and were thrown out)

I ended up reading "The Bipolar Survival Guide" which I recommend.  It's very helpful.  I gave my copy away.  Anyway he talked frankly about the various medications and the fact that lithium, then the most commonly used drug, caused extreme nausea.  I decided I was OK with that if I could get some control of my thoughts and moods!

So here I am a good 20 years later still sucking it up.  I really do think it is the lithium; some days are just like this.  

The fun part comes at pill time when I have to gag 3 more down with some sort of food and hope it digests!  

No comments: