Sunday, April 7, 2024

Some thoughts on Handouts and demonic attacks

 When I started the Bible Handouts I funded them on my own.  Ron basically gave me a modest allowance, I could do that.  

After a while of me going and going people started offering to help fund Bibles.  I am proud, I didn't want help, but I did take it.  It started people would send me checks which I would spend on Bibles (and I have always and only ever spent Bible Handout donations on the actual Bibles and shipping.  Can you imagine standing up before The Throne on Judgement Day telling God I ripped Him off?!).  

Some people wanted to help but didn't want to send me a check.  That was fine, here's my address, send whatever you like.  Some sponsors have only been into KJV but the recipients have always been crazy for them anyway (literally squealing "Oh!  The good ones!" LOL), one sent me a case of Bibles from Dollar Tree.  I hate to think what that shipping cost.  Personally I like the NKJV ones from Church Source, they are a very pretty purple and I find them easier to read.  But if it's legit Word of God I will hand it out.  

Then I had the Go Fund me and bought hundreds of Bibles with the proceeds from that.  I kept track of the deposits and spent it all (as I did with the checks) on the Bibles.  I never spent any of that on candy or tracts even - just Bibles, because that's what people were paying for: Bibles.  Go Fund me did get 5% I believe.  

At some point I realized I get a big Spiritual attack around every Handout.  At one point I was warning the sponsors about this: you might get a spiritual attack doing this, and then one poor guy lost his $10,000 heat pump.  I stopped.  I thought maybe I was manifesting this I thought.  

But I am advancing against demonic strongholds.  I jokingly call "my" corner "Satan's Playground" but it IS.  Those young men are not selling baked goods.  People are likely getting saved (I don't know and that's how I like it, that pride issue again).  That pisses the devil off; his big goal is to send people to hell and separate them from God's love, forever.  He hates what I do.  He hates that I pray for them just like I write on those index cards: "I'm praying for you daily!"  

So he'll do what he can.  Today it was just extreme nausea all day.  I wouldn't be surprised for another night of bad sleep followed by a nasty depression tomorrow.  That's just the price I pay.  

But I will take (and I have a terrible time asking) any prayer for protection from attacks for me and the recipients; because there is incredible power in someone opening a Bible.  

Thank you!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such crazy talk