Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Tuesday morning

 I slept poorly last night, six and a half hours with one hour awake.  Oscar the Tomcat came by again, howling at the back door.  Biscuit didn't get up, he was too busy hogging half my blankets so I was cold all night too.

I did turn up he heater to 74 before I took my shower and then back down to 70 before I left.  

I promised myself an iced coffee if I went to work.  I got a Java Monster Salted Caramel for $2.50.  It wasn't very good   I should have gone to McDonald's.

My rides were uneventful.  The second driver has tomorrow off.  My first driver has enough seniority he doesn't work weekends.  The third driver is a sweet young lady I am very fond of her.

I had a thought, riding down the road, that I shared with her when I got off.  "You pick us up in the dark, and take us to the light". And then I thanked her and got off.

Bus driver: NOT an easy job!  

My boss will be in today, likely for my whole shift.  It is her Monday.

That's it for now!  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why would you leave your heat on 70 while you are at work? You live in Texas and really shouldn't need heat that often. Your high today is 77 degrees.

Anonymous said...

"I got a Java Monster Salted Caramel for $2.50." Looks like dad isn't going to be anymore successful with getting you to stay within your budget either.

Heather Knits said...

Low was in the 50's. Remember my house has no insulation as I found out 5 years ago.

Considering my depression level this morning $2.50 seemed a bargain to get me going