Monday, April 8, 2024

So why am I sick?

Well, I am still drinking the six pack of diet Dews every day at work.  I ate at a taco truck of dubious standards.  I ride the bus and work at a big box retailer and have been exposed to God Knows what.  I have stress in my life and don't get enough sleep.  

By the way, on his lunch, the pharmacist came over to me in the breakroom and reminded me I need my Hepatitis B booster.  I thought that was very sweet.  

I also do evangelism, ongoing.  So Bad Things don't like me much, either.  Now nothing is going to happen to me that is not permitted by God.  If you read the book of Job it is very clear, the Devil could only do what he was permitted to do.  

But I can always use work on subjugating my pride; this is sure humbling.  I don't feel like I am going to vomit but I have ZERO appetite and am very nauseous.  

Could it be my medication?  That is possible but I think it is a combination of all of it.  Sadly, the store did not have any ginger root capsules.  Also, the "sure fire" remedy my Latina coworker suggested (Picot) didn't work either.  So I am slurping homemade hydration solution because I don't have any Gatorade powder.  

I have to take my lithium with food or I'll get really sick.  So I have a nice bowl of oatmeal waiting; I've done oatmeal before with my pills and it worked.  

That's it for now.  

To the comments; this is not a discussion forum where we all share religious views.  This is a single voice blog of an evangelical.  You don't have to click on that bookmark if you don't like it.  

But if you like watching train wrecks I'm your girl!  LOL  

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Now nothing is going to happen to me that is not permitted by God." So if you were raped are you implying that God would have permitted that to happen to you? A child being abused that was permitted by God? Do you really think that this is a logical conclusion about your supposedly good and loving God? You were starved and neglected as a child. Your dad married a woman who mentally abused you and her son did terrible things to you. You married an abuser. You were born with FAS through no fault of your own and have mental illness. Don't you think you have enough problems without God letting the devil have his way with you to teach you to not be arrogant? Do you expect people to think it is great that you believe God is intentionally letting the devil f--k with you to keep you from being prideful? Your God sounds like a monster.

Heather Knits said...

That I'll allow.

My life, yes, it has sucked. But what has come out of it? I have reached many, many (more than a thousand) people with the Gospel. That to me makes it worth it. I will see some of these people one day in Heaven.

I have always taken the "When I cry, God cries with me" approach as well. It grieves Him to see me sad and hurting but it goes for a bigger purpose.

Why would I sign a consent form for a neurosurgeon to drill a hole in Ron's head (I did)? Because it enabled them to place the ICP monitor that told them about his brain function. I think that's how God works - greater good.

I don't mind "corrections" if they keep me on the path. I have let pride get in the way in the past and been sidelined from doing the work, and I hated that.

Anonymous said...

So much info coming out on all these shots. People "dying suddenly" and "turbo cancers" If you haven't already, don't take it. I wonder what kickback they're getting.

Anonymous said...

The pharmacy offered my friend a shingles shot yesterday. Again, WHY?

Heather Knits said...

I'm not doing the shingles everyone I know was sick for days. Dad's doctor told him not to take any more COVID shots either.

Anonymous said...

I work at a university that mandated the covid vax or mandatory testing.
Just got an email, this Friday they're having a ceremony for fallen campus community members who have passed away.
Never in 25 years here have I ever seen this. I think bodies are piling up. I sure wouldn't take any more shots.