Friday, April 12, 2024

Rewarding bad behavior

 I have been really busy with work the last couple days but it has been going OK.  They have slashed payroll down to the bone and my boss is having a hard time getting it all done with a skeleton crew.  

Years ago, I probably would have told you what I do for a living; that was before 2020 and the reports to adult protective services.  I realized you guys knowing too much can be big trouble (and I was cleared, the caseworker kept apologizing).  

So I will say my job has some customer contact and overall I love that.  I got a hug from a customer yesterday that was fun (a sweet old lady).  

But last night I had one of those customers.  She happened to be a thin, middle-aged, white lady about my age.  She was rich and it was apparent she was used to getting her way.  

She wanted something I couldn't give her.  She cursed me out, was very ugly to me, kept bothering me while I was trying to do my job, etc.  She wanted a manager.  I got her my manager (the "nice one" a no-nonsense black lady all the employees view as their ally) she came out and explained the rules.  The woman kept cursing and being ugly, went and got the store manager, who reversed the policy.  

MISTAKE.  Now this woman will feel like she can come in and break store policy whenever she wants, if she is ugly and hateful enough, is abusive to us, she will get what she wants.  Hence my blog title.  

I was able to steer clear and did just that.  I was literally hiding in a corner away from this woman she was so awful (I have never done that in 3 years).  

The good boss and I got off at the same time and she came up to me walking to the back and made some rough comments about women like that.  I said YES!  It was great and just what I needed to hear, validation that she was an awful person.  

I am trying not to swear here, I have been working on that.  But the comments made it all better as far as I was concerned.  

The rest of the day was fine, very busy.  That was good, it made the day go fast.  I still don't have much of an appetite and am down 4 pounds this week.  

I had a headache when I got up, so I took some pepto, Excedrin, my antidepressant, a multivitamin, and a granola bar.  Hopefully that all sits OK it is a long ride to work.  

I only work 2-9 today and then off 2 days.  Tomorrow I go get my checkup I have a feeling that will last a while.  Ace can get me in the morning but it will have to be a little early which is OK.  I would rather get there early.  

The cats are good.  I slept with them last night.  Still not sleeping great but I feel like I got enough rest.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: