Wednesday, April 24, 2024

2020 taught me a brutal lesson in what I share online

 So I will just say we had some drama at work last night before I left.  My boss stepped up and made order out of chaos and impressed the hell out of me.  I was happy to escape when I did 

I also realized I need to carry cab fare in my wallet so I am doing that now.

I got paid today.  I bought some evangelism things that cost a total of $8.

I don't know who works when but the morning people seem very relaxed.  That is encouraging.

I should have a ride home today, that will be awesome if it works out.  

Tomorrow is my long day.

My sleep continues to be very poor but I'm functioning.  That's it for now.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you referring to when people were worried and were trying to help you? You were never stalked you should stop being dramatic and saying that.

Don't you have a debit card?

Heather Knits said...

It did not help. It caused a lot of stress to me and Ron. Ron in particular was terrified "they" were going to take him away and put him in a home.

Someone who perceives that as help cannot be trusted with details of my employment.

Heather Knits said...

Re: the debit card. My friend only takes cash.

Anonymous said...

"Ron in particular was terrified "they" were going to take him away and put him in a home." By all accounts he should have been put into a facility because of his drinking and his behavior. I do find it interesting when he was in rehab after his back surgery he never got the DT's from not drinking.

How much is this friend getting paid to shuttle you home? If it is more than an Uber or cab ride I would forget this friend as an option. Besides a rare ride home a friend should decline any money. Now if it was X number of times a week I could see paying but once in a blue moon - nope.

Heather Knits said...

I believe God prevented Ron from having DT"s or withdrawal from the alcohol after his back surgery. He should have, based on what he was drinking prior.

"Normal" people would not have put up with the verbal abuse or the drinking but he had no where else to go. I couldn't do that to him and live with myself.

Ace, my cab driver friend, drives for a living. I would never ask him for a free ride unless I had been mugged or something. He helps me out at least 2x a week (the two nights I work) and more often if they have me work additional nights.

My friend Betty did give me a ride home last night, I will talk more about that in a post. She did not even let me buy her a cold drink before we left the store. I have another friend at work who will give me a ride in exchange for a fancy iced coffee which is still less than half the cost of a cab ride. I call her when we have severe weather.