Friday, April 19, 2024

Friday morning

 So I made it and came home.  

After work I wanted to pick up a TV dinner and I was looking at the low cost ones.  I saw the Michelinas Fettuccine Alfredo and that took me back to Baby Girl.  

Ron found Baby Girl and she was always his cat until the Alzheimer's really kicked in, then she was a lost and baffled cat wondering what was happening to Daddy.  It was very sad to watch, even sadder than watching Ron.  She started sleeping at the foot of his bed instead of by his head, and just gave up after he died.  

But one good memory she always loved that Alfredo sauce.  I would eat the noodles and leave a couple tablespoons of sauce in there.   Normally I salt my food but I did not salt this, and she would lick it up every time.  

I only call a cat if I have a treat for them so when I called her she knew it was alfredo sauce and she would come running, once Ron was giving her treats and she left.  

So that was a good, albeit sad, memory.  She was so devoted to him.  

Speaking of cats Oscar the orange tom has been coming by every night having dialogues with Biscuit.  Wakes me up.  Last night he got in the house and Biscuit opened up a can of whoop ass on him, or as I told Jack in a text "Went OG on him".  So Oscar wanted out but couldn't remember how he got in, he was trying to climb the walls, the curtains, went on the dresser, a wild cat.  I turned on light and let him calm down a little, then opened the sliding glass door and he ran out.  

I went back to bed with Biscuit, and told him "Oscar won't be back" and I have been reassuring Biscuit all day that I'm not bringing any cats home, if he meets a friend and wants to bring him home that's one thing but other than that is just our 3.  

All the cats wanted a little extra reassurance today so I did my best to provide it.  

I have also decided to start sending encouraging texts to people I know who are struggling, and do that daily.  I think it is important and they really seem to appreciate it.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: