Sunday, April 21, 2024

Sunday morning

 Friday night was quiet, no cats trying to get in.  I didn't sleep very well.  Maybe I just never will.  

I was thinking today I definitely have PTSD from the various events the last 30 years and probably my early childhood too.  A customer remarked on the number of snacks in my vest pocket when I was looking for a pen the other day.  I always carry snacks because I might get hungry.  

I got up, took my shower.  It was warm and humid so I shaved my legs and got dressed in my cargo shorts and a t shirt.  Sneakers of course, plenty of walking.  

I did my God Time and headed out.  I had my "junior" cart with me.  I have 3, an L shaped cart rated to 150 pounds, and badly dented from an attempt to load 3-4 cases on the bus going to a Bible Handout last year.  So that's out of rotation.  

I have my primary cart, it is rated to 75 pounds and I use it on Bible Handouts.  I try to save it for them and got another, smaller, (rated to 55 pounds) cart that collapses easily which makes it great for the bus.  

I was very embarrassed, and a cashier very disappointed, yesterday.  I ran out of candy.  So I bought 2 bags.  

I had 2 gallons of milk (I drink a lot), a block of cheese, other groceries, 18 pounds of candy.  I headed out and to the bus stop, it was hard pulling the cart.  

I had a very friendly bus driver who was thrilled to see I brought him a snack.  

I got off the bus and realized one of the wheels on my cart was splayed and bending outward.  I realized I was probably over the 55 pound limit.  I thought about it.  I didn't want to leave a broken cart by the side of the road and go to my house, come back with another cart.  

What was the heaviest item in the cart?  The candy.  So I took out one (huge) sack and carried it in my left arm like a baby as I pulled the cart with my other hand.  

I found this lying in the road.  In my neighborhood.  I will let you make your own conclusion on that.  


My friends say it is probably a .380 or a 9 mm.  They say it was probably ejected when someone racked the slide?  If I understood correctly.  

With my history they are not going to let me have a gun.  Which was OK.  

I was assaulted and robbed in my neighborhood, at the bus stop.  2009.  

Someone kicked in my front door and robbed the house when we were mailing Christmas presents, back in 2012.  I found a crack pipe by the side of the road, near my bus stop, a while back, too.  I know what they look like from my time in CA.  

I have problems in my neighborhood.  You know where I don't have problems?  In the ghetto, where I do my Bible Handouts.  I find that ironic.  

I did have creepy gang members standing right next to me when I was distributing in Greenspoint last summer, they were checking to make sure I was not "slipping" (selling on their territory).  

The worst problem I had on a Handout, ever, was last June when I fell and broke my finger, bleeding abrasions everywhere.  I went in the gas station and asked if I could use the bathroom to clean up.  He said no.  So I bought a bottle of water, went outside, and cleaned up.  I am OK with that though because I handed out 7 Bibles that would not have been distributed if I remained unhurt.  

If I'd had some cash, and my insurance, I would have gone to the nearby urgent care but I didn't.  So I went home and doctored it and it works well enough for me now.  I do have a scar on my knee but I never look at my knees anyway.  

And when I was getting up off the ground and saw I was bleeding I thought "How many American evangelists get to say they actually shed blood for the Gospel?"  

I spent the rest of the day working on forensic accounting as requested by my Dad.  Work snacks and drinks are eating me alive.  I got last year done and this month.  I just need to put this month into the spreadsheet.  

That's it for now.  





No comments: