Tuesday, January 19, 2021

So, my Tuesday

 Jack fell on his roof while cleaning his gutters.  He managed to catch himself (thank you Jesus!) before he took a header on the ground.  But he is pretty raw.  So we will not be doing the inventory run.  

Jack is a traditional Texas man in that he doesn't want me to do any heavy lifting, the kind of guy who had such a hard time with me at the gym doing deadlifts.  😂  So he will do all the lifting WHEN he feels better and not tomorrow as we planned.  

He did take me to work, I got the money, did an appraisal.  Machines are good for a few days.  Then we went to the bank.  I had enough to pay the cell phone, and buy groceries.  I went to Walmart.  

I was able to get everything on the list, for a change, and even found the 18 packs of the white washcloths I had been wanting.  I used one of my gift cards to get a basic hair dryer, which works quite well.  And I got tired of my pants being baggy so I got a cheap belt as well.  I suspect a few things are conspiring for weight loss: less snacking, very few diet sodas, intermittent fasting, lower carb eating, abundance of protein.  I haven't weighed myself but my pants are getting baggy.  The belt will fix that.  

I got the VERY last bag of the Iams urinary formula.  I need to check Chewy and see if they have it.  Yes, they do.  I can't run out of this stuff it could kill Biscuit.  And I love him.  I do have a reserve but not that much when you calculate x 5 cats.  But I have faith Walmart will do their best.  

Ron is set I got the sliced ham he wanted, more bacon, hard boiled eggs, all things he has been asking for.  I also got more split peas and chopped ham to make them.  His digestive issue got much better once I added the beans to his diet, and they are not hard to prepare.  I had plenty of laxative at home I look like a bulimic.  

So I got all my shopping done, checked out, came home.  I put the washcloths in the washer along with my pillow cases and some underwear.  Lately when I have had to do a load it required borax, washing soda, and baking powder all of which are very irritating to private areas.  They deposit in the underwear even if you rinse well which is why I use free and clear Tide BUT sometimes I want an extra boost.  This does the job, but I can't put underwear in that.  So I had a small load of just underwear, I put that with the washcloths and pillowcases,  just did one Free & Clear Tide Pod.  Now I have a nice stack of cheap towels and basic washcloths.  They are great for cleaning Ron up I do bed baths for him.  

I tried to take a nap, couldn't, got up.  I got some takeout on the way home so I wasn't hungry.  And here's a good illustration about the man I married.  He had been asking for the KFC Honey BBQ chicken sandwich.  I said I would "try" today.  I was taken to a KFC today but they did not have the BBQ sandwich.  I got him a 2 piece dark extra crispy with mashed potatoes, instead.  And he was thrilled to get it.  He didn't complain about losing out on the BBQ he just focused on the delicious 2 piece meal. And that's who I married.  He was also extremely appreciative of me for bringing it.  I was glad I had pegged him correctly as a 2 piece dark, Crispy man.  😂 Later on we had some home care stuff and he was very impressed how I handled it.  I am getting more efficient with practice, that is all I will say.  And having the right supplies makes a world of difference.  

I will admit to urinal fatigue, I get very tired of cleaning them.  But that's the worst I can say.  I am glad his kidneys work.  He said he is not impressed with his prostate medicine which is running out in about a week, so he will either have to refill it at this dosage or see a doctor.  I am fine with taking him if he wants to go.  I think it's fantastic he hasn't had a seizure since he started taking the Keppra that was so awful they would come up out of nowhere - and the last set, four in one night - just horrific.  So glad it was an easy fix.  His only other med is the Colace which is really doing the job without making a mess.  That is all I will say. 

At some point I need to do a phone appointment with my doctor but I am OK for a while.  

So, I don't work tomorrow.  I will enjoy my time off I might mop.  I need to.  But I swept and the floor is so much better for walking around now.  Spotty was on the floor of my bedroom, stretched out, doing his little "Superman" with legs in front of, and behind him, with his belly pressed against the floor.  I couldn't move him so I didn't sweep my bedroom.  I will try to get a photo of him doing that it is super cute.  

But I do need to mop.  But I will have a few days off as Jack recovers I wish I had some homeopathic Arnica for him.  I need to price that. 

But I have a good amount of supplies for 2 weeks or so, so I'm happy. 

No comments: