Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Scruff belt (Wednesday)

 Supposed to rain today, sunny all day until just now.  And I SWORE to Jack it would rain tomorrow morning and we shouldn't do our supply run.  I called him and told him he was right!  He had a good laugh over that.  

About the protests in DC, I believe that is Antifa in Trump apparel.  Antifa has said they would dress up as Trump supporters to cause division, been saying that for a while now.  That, to me, is the logical scenario.  And that's all I will say because I really don't like to talk politics.  It just gets everyone angry.  It has been my experience that the person "talking" politics with me just wants to shout at, and browbeat, me, until I start agreeing with them so they can feel they "changed" my mind.  That's not a "discussion" that is verbal abuse.  

So I avoided all that on TV.  I haven't even turned on my television today.  It is pretty windy out there with the rain.  I put a bucket out in the backyard hoping the rain would wash it clean (lazy woman's housekeeping) and I am sure it will be sparkling.  

Ron is not as strong as he would like but I told him what he needs to do to build it back up.  And the "scruff" belt is coming.  Ron always used to ask me to "grab his scruff" when he was transferring and now I can.  I don't want to put my hand under his butt (obvious why, especially if he is naked and has just used the toilet chair), I can't grab his regular belt, we ripped a pair of pants like that.  This is a good solution let me put up a photo.  


It looks great, and only $12.  

I have high hopes.  And I think Ron is at the point where he will work to better his strength.  So, happy about that.  

He enjoyed working on that roast chicken today. I have pretty much got him off trash carbs (chips) and eating healthy proteins with a little bit of bread.  I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with the soy nut butter.  Pretty good!  Better than I expected, to be honest.  

Just checked my text messages more sick bus drivers.  I am staying off the bus if at all possible.  I think a lot of low income people are getting the virus at a low to moderate level of symptoms.  And your average poor person (myself included) is not going to want to be tested if they don't have sick time to cover their quarantine period.  So they will just keep traveling, working, etc. because they don't really have a choice, and they are not going to get tested even if they are moderately ill.  And poor people ride the bus.  Unless we're talking the park and rides which only go to the affluent neighborhoods.  

So I have been avoiding the bus. 

I have been praying, not necessarily for "protection" because I believe God will provide that, but for him to "remind me OF His protection".  I think that is important.  He has got me this far, through some stuff that just - I was just recalling how awful Ron was to me for years.  God got me through that and Ron is a totally different person now.  But He gave me what I needed to get through that and I believe God blessed me because I did seek His will and not my own in the matter.  

That said, if I had worked for someone else, I would have left him. But financial dependence is something a lot of abusers do strive for and it is very common, not "letting" the woman have a credit card, having her take out loans and then defaulting on the payments, etc.  Ron "just" had me dependent on him for a paycheck and that is not a situation I will enter into lightly, again. I just automatically assumed he would respect me.  

But he does now.  It's been a hard road for me and God got me through all that - my own illness, Oh, that was hell probably worse than Ron.  But I am finally at a place where I am not dominated by my symptoms.   Yes, the housekeeping lags when I'm depressed, but overall I am taking care of me, Ron, and the business.  And the cats.  

I had a nice petting and cuddle time with Cleo.  Spotty and Biscuit took a nap with me.  Baby Girl begged for treats, Torbie posed as Baby Girl with Ron and got treats.  😂 Baby Girl is flabby enough Ron can't tell them apart.  That was pretty funny to see.  

And I have been praying for Ron to have a will to do some physical therapy because nagging will just put him off; God provided that. I feel better about that.  

I still worry about Ron's health, when I should probably worry about mine (as far as I know I am fine), better yet would be not worrying and just being smart for both of us.  

Biscuit still likes to go in the hole in the drywall it is pretty funny to see him lurking around in there.  It is safe.  And we will get Ron's room fixed up when our finances turn around.  Ron and I are not in a hurry.  

That's it for now. 


No comments: