Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Wednesday

 So, an unexpected day off.  I woke up at 2 and just went with it, I transcribed my prayer notes onto the cloud so I won't lose them now, and can access from my phone.  Very happy about that.  Ron finished off his fried chicken he really enjoyed it.  

Next time I will put a towel down because he made a pretty good mess.  

I took a nap around 11 and slept about an hour, woke up with a headache.  Took some more aspirin.  It did a decent job.  

I had a real burden to pray for the inauguration/country today so I did that.  God wants me to pray for our leaders regardless of party affiliation.  The cats are good, most notably got petting from Spotty and Cleo (not at the same time) Baby Girl sat up for treats a few times.  Ron has been pretty quiet.  

He says he doesn't want any dinner (I will offer a meat/cheese roll up) and he wants me to fix him split peas tomorrow for dinner.  I can do that.  They are easy I could do them in my sleep, I have the right tools as well.  And I even bought a nice fresh packet of saltines for him (he likes the cracker with the soup).  I don't know what I'm doing for my dinner tonight.  

Likely I will have a protein shake.  Choices after that: pork and beans with cornbread; "peanut" butter (soy nut actually) and jelly; turkey sandwich; cup of noodles.  It is nice to have choices; I am glad I got the case of cup a noodles because I need a lot of sodium in my diet anyway and I love noodles.  I will think about it.  

Ron is a little mopey today I remember last year he had a horrible time, he was so depressed.  I want to keep him engaged without being that happy person shoving balloons in his face.  I will ask God for guidance on that.  But I think he is coming to terms with the loss of his parents, interestingly enough he has a harder time with his Dad - country music songs guys singing about their Daddies always cut him.  

I think the fact that his mother got kind of hostile at the end made it easier to accept her loss.  She's the one told him stop coming over.  They wouldn't answer the phone if Ron called, but when I got my cell phone they picked right up.  He just wanted their love and it was hard for her to give it.  If I had to guess I would say she saw it as limited caregiver resources and she had to protect hers.  I never wanted help from any of his family with Ron.  I was fine with the cleaning and all that.  I'm his wife, that's my job.  What I really wanted was a ride to Walmart once a week.  I would have been over the moon with that.  As it is I worked it out on my own and Jack gets the crown in Heaven for helping me.  But they were convinced I was going to make them change a diaper or wipe his butt.  

I wouldn't want my brother doing that for me, and he wouldn't want to do it either.  But a ride... that would have been nice.  But I would rather pay for rides and not be indebted to someone.  

Understandably, my Dad threatened to put Ron in prison when we were dating.  Didn't stop Ron, though.  😂  Statute has expired I can say there were a few felonies.  But Ron made an honest woman out of me.  

I am doing OK my shoulder is a little stiff.  According to an X ray some years back I have mild arthritis, likely from stocking.  I have found a workout with a stretchy band does a really good job of loosening everything up.  I am going to go do that now.  

And it helped.  I just need to remember to do them every day; and at some point I need to get back to working out.   I will focus on that this weekend.  

I want Ron to have a good day tomorrow but not sure that will happen.  It's up to him, really.  

And I am thinking more and more about a delicious turkey sandwich so I think I'm going to do that.    

No comments: