Friday, January 1, 2021

 Well I have learned an important lesson for next year: I need to get more black-eyed peas.  Jack didn't have any and I only later thought about giving a can to the mail lady.  Oh, well.  

Last night Ron woke me up because he was hungry and forgot about his snacks.  I had to get up to pee so I gave him half a sandwich.  Then later he was very upset because he lost his urinal.  

That was a little more complicated.  "They" do it up big for New Years and the Fourth of July here, lots of fireworks, thousands of dollars worth just in my subdivision.  So Biscuit was freaked out and hid under Ron's bed, when he did he knocked over one urinal.  

[Note, Ron is very good about screwing on the cap when he's done, and it was empty anyway so no leaks]   Ron had set the other one under the covers so I couldn't find it.  But we resolved that.  

I went back to bed and woke up with a ghastly, persisting, headache.  I believe it is related to the cold front that came through yesterday.  I wasn't quite at the nausea/vomiting stage but it wasn't much fun.  Isn't.  

The cats have been very sweet, Cleo, Spotty, and Biscuit in particular.  I guess I am really indulgent because I let Biscuit have most of the bed during my nap.  Cleo has better manners and was off at one side at the foot, plenty of room with her but my HOG took up the whole center of the bed.  And I'm not so skinny I can just slide off to the side anymore.  

I had planned to do various things today, file the monthly report, some home maintenance things (change air filter and run cleaning cycle on washer), mop the house, etc.  But very little of that happened.  I ran a cleaning cycle on the washer and did most of my God Time.  And I did the litter boxes.  

Of course you can skip this but I will talk about my faith walk for a minute here.  Anyway I do 2 types of prayer, no one taught me to do this it is just what I feel is right.  1. I pray silently (all the time), thank God for good things in life, "Here handle this problem for me" (like Ron constipated again), "Show me Your will" and silent "communion" I would guess, the Bible calls it "praying in the spirit".  I have done this since I was a teenager.  Basically sending "energy" up to God.  I think it is very important.  I was able to do that today.  

The second part of my prayer I have the binder you have read about with written out prayer requests for people groups all over the world, world-wide, national leaders (been doing this since 2009), faith workers, service people, medical staff, you name it.  All written out for me to remember all the requests I want to make.  I feel God is happy to hear all this.  

BUT Biscuit laid on the notebook today so I couldn't open it.  I decided to do the first type of prayer instead.  I was able to do my Bible study on the tablet (nice to have all the electronic Bibles and devotional stuff so I don't have a huge stack of books, and tablet can go anywhere) and then with my actual hard copy books.  I feel pretty good about that because I really did feel crappy but I felt if I could get on the computer I could pray and read the Bible.  

So I will have to do the report tomorrow, then the housework.  Ron is OK.  My head is getting better but I am super thirsty and massively craving ice water, so I'm going to get to that.  

More later if anything interesting happens.  

No comments: