Saturday, January 2, 2021

Well, that was a long night

 Ron got an upset stomach.  I was pretty worried as constipated + nausea is not a sign of good things, so he "relieved" me by making a deposit.  Good, don't have to worry about that.  Not running a fever, either.  So likely not a blockage or infection.  

Me, to him, just now "I was never so happy to see a turd in my life!"  

He drinks raw, 80 proof, vodka so likely just gastritis.  But a long night for both of us.  He was groaning a lot. 

No fever, regular bowel movements, no vomiting, otherwise normal so I am just going to wait and watch.  But a long night.  

I have noticed my attitude is a lot better about being kept up.  Yes, I would like to get 8-9 hours of straight sleep.  But, like I told Ron "This is a lot different from Old Days when you would get drunk and belligerent all night"  If he is truly ill I don't mind helping him.  But no one wants sleep deprivation from a drunken @sshole which happily he has not been in quite some time.  

I feel like I'm improving as a person and that is a good feeling.  I put my hand on Ron's head because I couldn't find my thermometer (I did, later, and put it in the same box as my blood sugar test kit), and he commented how nice the hand felt on his head.  His skin was cool.  So I said let's get you an old childhood friend of mine, the wet washcloth.  

I got every cold and flu virus that came along, and a lot of "stomach bugs", as a child.  I spent a lot of time laid up in bed as a result, especially during the winter.  I usually had a fever so my adoptive mother would lay a wet washcloth on my face, and it always helped.  She was not one to take me to the doctor for everything; one time I was waiting in a hall and I witnessed a traumatized infant getting one vaccine after another.  I was pretty messed up, and the other kids (hers) told me if the doctor ever drew blood the needle would break in my arm and I'd bleed to death, great stuff... so I think she figured, kind of like I do with the vet "A lot of times it isn't worth the hassle".  And she had 2 older kids of her own so not like she was a new mom when it came to me.  

My brain is pretty fried so not working on the report today.  I have a week to do it.  But my sleep was choppy at best and I don't trust my brain.  

Speaking of brain, I just took my pills.  I cut out the herbs and am just doing antidepressant, generic Zyrtec (allergy), multi with iron, and a vitamin C capsule to help the iron absorb.  That's it.  Oh, and I never got my period last month.  

Assuming God takes His time coming back, I expect to be in full menopause in a few years.  I missed 2 periods last year.  Well I missed 3, but had 2 cycles in one month.  Go figure.  Anyway everything seems to be progressing pretty normally.  

Worst case, terminating the herbs, I may want to get a mattress pad for my queen so I don't have the discomfort from hot flashes.  But the flashes come and go, have for over 10 years.  They are not awful.  What really gets me at times are the hands shaking and that's the lithium, 100%.  But I am not ending the lithium.  ANYWAY ending the herbs ended the hives so I will just do bare bones on the supplements for a while.  For PM dosing I do my bipolar pills, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, and 2 Calcium/Magnesium pills.  

If I go out I aim to take my Elderberry capsule, an Oregano Oil cap, and a squirt each of the Astragalus, and Licorice root, tinctures.  I have been "bad" about the tinctures.  IDEALLY I would also take a zinc lozenge but they taste so bad... 😖

But I am pretty happy with my supplement routine. I had some coffee just now the "good" Seattle's best.  I was SO happy to see they have it at one of my Walmarts, the French roast at least, I will have to get the decaf from Amazon but I have prime and it is really worth it.  I have found it hard to find good quality dark roast decaf ground coffees, and really happy I found Seattle's Best.  Community Coffee's decaf isn't bad either but I would give it four stars and Seattle gets 5.  

Next week I have various bills (NOT asking for money, just sharing).  Amazon Prime $120, Water Bill $40 (that is rounding up it will be more like $36 with processing), Credit card $40, You Tube Subscription $12, Charity thing $40.  If I can cover that I will be happy.  I could get $20 worth of groceries and be set for a while.  An extra $14 for cat food and DONE.  

I do always have a month of cat food at all times though so not an absolute.  I am pretty sure we made at least that much (I am supposed to get paid on the first, but it will be Monday).  

I know for a fact I could eat pretty well for at least 2 weeks on the gift cards I have!  

It is funny the various home care things I pick up when I'm at Walmart.  Lately I am on a disposable underpad kick.  Those XL ones rock, I can put them under Ron and nothing gets through, even when he spilled a bottle of vodka.  They can be hard to find so I try to grab them when I can.  

I have scavenged various items this year, wet wipes, toilet paper, washcloths, laundry detergent, washable shop rags, bar soap, hand soap, various home care products, and now this.  I will be happy when I get 1-2 packages and then I will relax.  I am sure I will find them.  

It is if nothing else an interesting game.  

Ron seems to be doing better.  Baby Girl was laying by his head and farted and he was very good natured about it.  The treats make her fart but she LIVES for treats.  So he just has to deal with it.  He has a can of room spray that doesn't bother him (He seems to be OK on nature based scents like berries, fruit but not floral or "Tahitian sunrise" type things).  He is careful about checking me.  

A funny story on that, for a while after his accident they made him use a bed pan because they didn't want him getting up.  He hated the bed pan and asked me to bring a can of room spray because he didn't like the smell.  So I did.  He would spray wildly in the air as he "finished" every time he used the pan.  And I would of course leave the room once I got him positioned so he could have privacy.  Anyway, one day I walked in right as he was pointing, and spraying, "Peach Blossom" at my face!  

For a long time I had sinus troubles (not now I think it is the Vitamin A) and he maced me good.  I smelled and tasted it for days, it was so strong in my sinuses it HURT.  It was awful.  I begged him to never do that again so he always checks before he sprays now.  

And the nurse came in and gave him the lecture "You can't use that in a hospital" which eventually led to the poop-throwing incident which I will cover in the next blog.  


No comments: