Saturday, January 16, 2021

Saturday

 I woke up feeling really tired but got up because I was about halfway to a bad headache.  I took a 100mg caffeine tablet and that helped, took care of Ron, did my prayer and Bible study time.  A really good message from Spurgeon today.  I downloaded a pretty badly scanned copy of the devotional some years ago as part of a bundle and recently found it; I like it a lot.  

This one was about asking God for things, to do it confidently, that He wants to help, don't be distracted when you do.  Bible study I am working into Exodous.  I have a daily Bible and a Chronological so they will diverge more the later we get into the year.  I am very happy with my reading materials.  Then I prayed for everyone, you included, and myself.  

I told God I know He has my needs supplied but just to remind me sometimes.  I thanked Him for what He has given me, etc.  Then I made some tea.  

Ron and I had coffee with cream for breakfast, he likes Splenda in it.  I put it in a bottle so he has an easy time drinking it (swallowing is an issue for him).  A while later I made a protein shake for myself, the Walmart "plant based protein" is actually very good.  I am still full hours later.  I also made a large batch of iced tea with mint.  

I took a shower (didn't, yesterday) and got clean pretty quick. It was late enough in the day I didn't take a nap.  Hopefully that will make for better sleep tonight.  

I realized I had lost my "back door" keys (I had them on separate rings) and ransacked the house looking, didn't find them, but I did find a ring of spare keys so I am not worried about it.  They will turn up.  And I did some organizing which needed doing.  That took a while.  I got back online.  

I just need to figure out what I am going to do for dinner.  Ron wants scrambled eggs and bacon, I'm happy to do that because I want him on more of a keto diet.  I don't buy him chips I offer to cook him a protein food with fat, he doesn't mind.  He does eat a lot of beans and a modest amount of bread and rice, but nowhere near the conventional American diet.  

We have eggs so I will likely have a couple of fried eggs, sausage, and cheese for my dinner.  Eating on the cheap does not mean starving.  And I have a lot of sausage.  

No comments: