Monday, January 18, 2021

Early Monday

 There's a name for it when people wake up confused... Ron was yelling for me to help him with his socks, paratransit was coming.  I yelled back he didn't have any trips and it was the middle of the night.  He said he was worry, and was quiet after that.  He gets like this now and then when he first wakes up.  It goes away in a couple of minutes or me explaining where he really is at the time.  

It's not sundowning, he is fine at night.  It is just a couple minutes every couple of weeks.  And he DID have a horrible whack to the head, 18 years ago.  I have seen the scar tissue on an MRI and it was pretty impressive.  I can see why he had such a grim prognosis.  

So I went back to bed, woke up at 5, gave him his pill.  He actually woke me up at 5 which was great, a little before the alarm, I want him to "own" his medication and he does a very good job with that.  So I got up, dosed him.  Then he was hungry so I heated up some Split Peas for him.  

I went back to bed for a couple minutes but I was "up" so I got up.  I got on the computer for a while.  I have been thinking, online.  

I wrote nice things about my governor who does a very good job, I feel.  If I had faith in politics I would say he'd make a great president.  The wheelchair doesn't matter he has a good mind and is a man of faith.  

One of my friends is disappointed her puppy adoption didn't work out; I have tremendous faith (I didn't say this) God has a BETTER dog for her.  I know the cats God sent me have been perfect for our lifestyle.  I am quiet and can devote a lot of time to Cleo, Spotty keeps us all entertained (he has a very loud and frequent meow when he is interacting), Torbie loves to sleep with Ron, Baby Girl loves him too, and Biscuit loves to "help" on the computer.  But it's not always the animal you think you want.  

Remember I went to the shelter to adopt a black kitten.  And I walked out with a torbie senior.  Torbie was a better fit; and the kitten did get adopted a week or two later.  

I don't think I ever told you about Oscar.  So Torbie was in a room with a lactating black female cat, a long haired black and white cat, and a few other cats too skittish to come visit.  A Latino family was interacting with the long haired cat, but he got distracted when he discovered I had treats (which Torbie wouldn't touch 😂).  He kept coming over to me and Torbie would hiss at him, Ron was across the room so I couldn't toss him the treats, so I threw the treats across the floor (the packet) and he started sniffing at them.  One of the family picked them up and asked if they could have a few.  By this time Torbie had been planted in my lap for a good 20 minutes, it was clear she was my cat.  So the father asked me very politely if they could have a couple of treats.  

Now it was clear Oscar really liked them, so I said take the whole bag, she doesn't want them.  They went to town treating Oscar like a king.  I found a vet tech and got the adoption process started for Torbie.  She was so mad when I put her down out of my lap and looked at me, so betrayed.  A big black guy, looked like a football player, said not to worry, he would make sure I got my cat.  

So I went out and I'm filling out some basic paperwork - basically questions am I going to be a good fit for a cat, and I was.  I kept answering "Whatever the cat wants to do".  I waited in another line to show my ID and verify I was a homeowner not a renter who would get in trouble for the pet.  

And the guy came out with Torbie in a carrier.  "Here she is!" he was so proud.  "That's your cat!"  I asked what had happened to Oscar and he pointed out the family leaving with a carrier.  I was very happy to hear it, they were perfect for him.  

So I really believe God works out these animal adoptions.  

I have always said I would go for older cats, but twice now in the last 10 years I have ended up adopting a pair of kittens.  And if you are going to adopt A kitten adopt two, they are half the work.  They still love you and want to play, but won't be biting your toes at 3 AM like a singleton.  Biscuit seems OK without Gravy and Cleo and Spotty are still very bonded.  They don't sleep together but they play a lot.  They will be 2 next month, best guess.  

I have been a little manic this week (posting a lot is generally a good clue for you as a reader) but don't want to shop or go out.  Virus levels are pretty high here so I plan to keep my trips to a minimum.  

One thing I need to discuss with Ron, we use disposable bed pads for him.  He has had a couple of urinal spills and they made cleanup so much better. Walmart stopped carrying the 30x36 they are only 2 feet by 3 feet now.  I got a couple packs of them because I need something but I would rather have the larger pad.  And Ron is happy with them on the bed.  

I found some on Sam's Club.com  I didn't think of that.  So I can get them delivered for free (I am a plus member might as well use the benefit - we did it mainly for early shopping hours though), or just go with Jack and buy them.  But Ron might not want Jack to know; so I will ask and go with whatever he says.   

I took a shower, Ron woke up and I asked him.  He said he didn't care if anyone knew "It's a part of getting old".  So there you have it; I can just get it when we run to Sam's.  Feels nice to be scrubbed, I even shaved my legs which were really bad.  When I'm depressed I don't see the point of shaving a leg that will be under jeans anyway.  But I got it.  

I have some cheap fake Oil of Olay bodywash that is for sensitive, dry, skin, that worked really well for the leg-shaving.  Regular bar soap does a decent job still although my hands tend to look very dry at times.  Which reminds me to apply my lotion.  I keep a bottle by the computer. 

That's it for now.  

No comments: