Monday, January 4, 2021

Monday

 Well I figured out the right volume # for my speakers, 10.  Loud enough for me but does not bother Ron or neighbors, one bedroom is only about 30-40 feet from my chair.  

I slept OK and got up, no headache, dosed Ron and stayed up at 5 AM.  Jack was picking me up at 8 so no point in going back to bed and then getting up again.  

I did my God time and got dressed (I did my shower last night).  My neighbors started making noise (#2) leaving for work type stuff so I felt OK taking out my trash and making a little noise doing that.  I have said again and again how I HATED #6 and their stupid, [censored] diaper every 3 hours they would take out the diaper and throw it in the trash can, making enough racket to wake me up every time.  Times 6 children.  It was very bad.  I guess the kids are part "mine" now because they kept me up as much as they did their parents.  Someone gave them a diaper genie on the last baby and they stopped waking me up.  Anyway, I will NOT be that person banging around the garbage can and waking up my neighbors.  Even when I have cat poop or other unmentionables in my trash bag, I will creep out there like a burglar and quietly sneak it into the can, then come back in the house quietly and slowly close the door.  

So they are happy with that, I'm sure.  Jack picked me up and off to work.  I chatted with the other vendor for a while, she had the repairman coming out for some of her machines, too.  Good money for him two jobs in an hour.  He told her he would deal with me first, and honestly I didn't expect it to take long.  

He arrived and began disassembly.  I felt better about my shaking hands (very bad this morning, it is from the lithium) when I saw all the work he had to put into the job.  He ended up taking the whole thing apart and using both a screwdriver and a set of pliers to get the coin out.  And it was another 50 cent piece.  I was pretty unhappy.  This is the second time in 6 months.  

I am choosing to believe it was done out of ignorance.  Many people don't have a lot of experience with vending machines and we have had a lot of new, temporary, workers.  That makes me feel a lot better than believing I have a saboteur.  One reason I did not bitch about the repair as well, if it is sabotage griping will just feed it.  

So that done, the machine is working, and it's empty.  So I filled it.  I also filled what I could on the bottled vendor.  Took a while.  Then I checked my phone.  The "good" bank was closed today but the one we used to use was open.  OK I will go there.  

Except they were closed too.  I was NOT happy.  

I thought about it on the way over, I had a Whataburger gift card and I have never been (long story on that).  I had gotten the card a year or two back so I figured now was a good time.  And I got a bbq chicken sandwich for Ron, a bbq bacon cheeseburger for me, and a malt.  We went home, Ron was awake, ate some of his sandwich and liked it.  I ate my burger and it was very good, but I hate mustard and who puts mustard on a bbq burger?  Whataburger, apparently, does that.  Next time I know to say no.  Baby Girl (aka Ron's cat) stole a piece of bacon out of my burger as I was eating, ran off, and ate it like a starving animal.  Funny she likes bacon so much.  She has also stolen it from Ron; and my research says a small amount of bacon rarely is fine for cats.  

I told Ron we will have to give her a slice for his birthday, and he loved the idea.  One thing I always liked about my birthdays was everyone sharing in the feast with me (so to speak).  Ron's birthday is coming up pretty soon so we can do that.  

So we had our meal, I took my pills (hello, hand tremor) and I took a nap.  I woke up with a moderate headache.  But I wanted to take an NSAID anyway.  

I started my cycle today, a week late, and I can have very heavy flows especially on day 2.  One thing I have found, a doctor recommended, was to take either Naproxen or Advil the first few days to slow the bleeding.  So I took Advil and that helped with both the headache and the other.  

Tomorrow I will try to find an open bank so I can turn my $1 bills into something larger.  Once I do that I need to go to my bank and make a deposit to cover my bills, do my grocery shopping, etc. I had hoped to get that all done TODAY but God works things for a reason, I could likely be avoiding a highly contagious person I would have encountered "normally". 

Ron is good he had a good appetite and took all his pills.  I explained what he is taking at night and he was OK with that: multivitamin, seizure pill, prostate pill, and another one I won't disclose.  

About the Whataburger.  There was one located near a bus stop we used frequently when we first came to Houston.  It had a public bathroom we used on occasion, but the bathroom was so filthy I think even homeless people avoided it.  I have no idea how they evaded the health department.  So I always associated those bright orange stripes with a Calcutta-style bathroom.  

Until today, the sandwiches were nicely different and I would go back.  

No comments: