Thursday, January 21, 2021

Thursday

 I had a big "duh" moment recently when I realized Ron hasn't had a severe back issue since he stopped working.  He used to do a fair amount of lifting (from the wheelchair) and reaching his hand up to stock the machines.  But now he has moderate problems but not the major ones.  I told him and he agreed with me; if he goes back to work he won't stock.  I am glad the back pain (the worst of it) was so easily fixed.  Too bad it took a pandemic.  

The trash was supposed to pick up recycles and regular trash, but only got the recycles.  I figured, correctly, dozens of irate homeowners would call the company; they did, we got our pickup today.  I did wash my hands well after putting the can away because these guys touch every trash can in the subdivision.  I don't really doubt the workers' sanitation, if you'll pardon the pun, but the other trash cans...ew.

My Dad called to say hi to Ron, it was pretty uneventful but Ron did tell him, unasked, that Ron would check himself into a nursing home before he would cause me hardship "But we are doing really good".  We are going to get food delivered but the BBQ place is proving difficult.  But he likes the KFC fried chicken sandwich with the honey BBQ and no pickles.  I might get one myself, sounds pretty good.  I think they have wedges too for a side.  We are really blessed to be surrounded with delicious food places.  Uber eats is fantastic they bring it.  

Before I had Domino's or Chinese food.  That was it.  Now I can get boba tea if I want it.  

I will figure something out, we haven't had any food delivered in weeks.  One meal is not going to kill us.  

Cleo came out more today, I have to remember Torbie lived at the shelter for a month and probably lost prospective adopters to a younger, cuter, cat.  She feels threatened by Cleo even though there is plenty of room for both of them in my heart.  

I woke up with a headache and took some aspirin.  That helped but I have been going through a lot of aspirin.  That might not be a bad idea as I have a pretty significant cardiovascular risk due to family history.  My grandfather, mother, and Dad all had serious heart issues, two of them died of it.  

At some point I am going to go in for a checkup (it has been about 15 years) and get opinions on things like best painkiller to use for headaches, etc.  The last time I had blood work it was fine.  The blood bank was quite eager to get my platelets as I have a very good level (still in healthy range).  Anyone could get my platelets, interestingly enough.  Most people sell their blood but I had no problem donating.  

But they had problems with my veins and I take Depakote now which causes profound and nasty birth defects in a male fetus.  There was a woman in one of my groups had been taking it and just found out she was pregnant.  I told her to stop it immediately (it was for hand tremors not for seizures or anything) and talk to both her doctor and a lawyer because no good doctor should have given that drug to a woman who said she was trying for another baby.  

That was one question I was asked by my doctor, birth control, did I want kids, etc.  He was quite happy to hear Ron is fixed.  And I am well over 40 so I doubt I would have a viable pregnancy even if I did get pregnant.  That is OK I am fine having cats.  

I figure God has a family for me "beyond".  I wouldn't do well with kids, I think.  Although I never would have thought I could take care of someone with Ron's needs and do a good job.  Or having 5 cats.  I surprise myself.  

So today is just basically sit around and rot my brain.  I have my knitting and some puzzle books if I get bored online, have TV as well.  I haven't done my God Time yet either.  

I slept late today, until 8. I am going to wait on my shower till tonight that way I can take a shower when I get home tomorrow after work.  I don't trust people at work to stay home if they're sick.  Sam's I'm not really worried about.  

But they need to do temperature checks at work.  They won't, but they should.  That would cut down a lot of the "spreading" and I find it upsetting they don't talk about who's gotten sick.  I have been told, by people I trust, that it is "all over" the plant.  Great.  And they wonder why I keep him home.  

Anyway no one has told me I "have" to bring him in because they don't want the liability.  The other vendor stays home for weeks at a time so I am not breaking any rules.  The reports are filed, taxes paid, machines stocked.  

And I can do it, Ron had his doubts.  I think I am more a "rise to the occasion" person than an arrogant know it all.  Let me try, seems to be my motto, I will surprise us both.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: