Friday, January 29, 2021

Forgive me, I'm tired

 I think it was the depression, I went to bed, slept fine as far as I can recall - but woke up utterly exhausted.  Sometimes I lie in bed in the morning with the alarm blaring wondering just how much Ron needs that seizure pill, catch myself, get up, and dose him.  I drank soda after (diet) soda and just could not wake up.  

I did take my pills on time and that helped, which makes me think it was depression related.  Jack picked me up and we went to the warehouse, they had mostly everything I needed - no peach tea - but enough.  I had just enough to buy a decent selection of candy in addition to my regular choices.  

When I got to work I did the canned soda first as lately everyone's been wanting a canned drink and I wanted to be informed on product selection (this one has cold Cokes, that one is out of orange, etc.)  I did that and of course no one wanted a canned drink all the time I was working!  

Then I did the bottled vendor, that took a while.  I left a detailed note for those who will read it about which drinks were cold.  The other drinks should be fine by now, actually.  Then snacks.  I had to redo the candy bar row in one machine to include more of those little cheese/peanut butter crackers.  It looked much better when I finished.  Then I had to stock all the candy and I had over 100 candy bars to do, not counting about 100 crackers, etc.  I got all that done and it looked good.  

Someone had left a nasty note on the bill changer because it was out of quarters.  I harvested what I could but it was only about $60 (took it out of all the machines and sorted it, put it right back in bill changer).  So they will be unhappy again.  I left a note reminding them of the change shortage and that I am doing what I can.  I took the money out of the bill changer and called Jack, hit a drive through and went home.  

I was aghast to discover my "only ketchup" burger was "only onions" if there is any condiment I can't abide it is onions.  I fed it to Ron, he was happy to eat about half.  

Ron wanted something different for breakfast today so I fed him some beefaroni.  He enjoyed that a lot but made a pretty big mess.  I put a towel on him as a bib, though, so he was fine.  It was a little tough getting the tomato sauce out of his beard.  But he had a good time.  And he ate about half the hamburger with onions when I got home.  

But the thing he had really been asking for: the frito pie.  I never had it until I moved to Texas.  Basically you take a one ounce bag of Fritos (for one serving) heat up some chili and spoon that over, then some onions, peppers if inclined, and grated cheese.  I did not do the peppers but Ron was very happy with it.  I have a couple more small bags of Fritos for him if he decides he wants it again.  I didn't think the Fritos would hold up very well to microwaving so I heated up the chili in a separate container and then spooned it over.  

So Ron got enough to eat what about me?  I was very tired.  I had 2 small bags of Nutter Butter bites at work, a hot and spicy chicken on the way home.  My protein intake was in no way adequate.  So I decided to get into my tub of yogurt.  

I get the quarts of yogurt and just eat out of the container, I'm the only one eating it.  I had that with a big glass of soy milk so I had a complete protein.  And more pills.  I am still tired but not as depressed.  The cats were fine.  

You may recall I bought some cat condos a couple years ago before it all went to hell.  😂  They were nice and sturdy, one apartment stacked on top of another, and then a loafing platform on top.  They cost me about $40 each and I got a total of 3.  I had two in the house and one in the garage.  Yesterday I brought the one in from the garage, put it in the reading room, next to the big cat tree.  Torbie loves it, it's right by the window.  I have one by the front door and one by the kitchen table as well.  Then I had room for Ron's home care products in that spot.  I wanted them close at hand.  

I am very glad with the setup, even though it means cat fur-niture is taking up more of my reading room.  They live here too and I want them to have fun/challenging spaces to hang out.  Most of them are "tree climbers" but Spotty and Cleo are "cave dwellers" so they each need a specialized retreat. 

I did most of my God Time as well.  Ron is back asleep between the seizure pill and the prostate thing he will be out for a while. Tomorrow/Monday I will see about him getting a phone appointment to get a refill on his blood pressure medication.  

Hopefully today's caffeine abuse won't have any lasting effect on my sleep tonight.  

No comments: