Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Tuesday morning

So, it was an interesting day.  I had $340 in one dollar bills, bills to pay, and I needed a grocery run.   

I checked the bank online.  Yesterday they said the branch was closed, but open today they said.  So I went.  I did my little transaction and walked away with $340 in $20 bills.  I went to my bank, and deposited $270 to cover the bills and a small cushion against overdrafts.  

Then I went to Walmart.  They don't have the XL Assurance bed pads anymore, just the medium.  The package is smaller, the pad is smaller, but 1/3 the previous price so I guess a good deal.  I will have to try them on Ron.  There was a sick woman on the lotion aisle and I have 2 different bottles of lotion at home so I exited quick...almost forgot the pads and got them in the #3 size which I have been using.  

I ride in other people's cars.  If my cycle is "about" due I am going to wear a pad just in case.  Which works as long as the pads are available, and they have been.  A good example this cycle was a week late, and I am riding around with Jack in his wife's car.  I am - that is NOT happening.  So I wear the pad.  

I suppose if I were really cheap I could wear one of the reusable pads.  I will consider that if I have supply chain issues.  

So I got that then I went to the craft section.  I have a lot of devotionals, etc. but not a lot of bookmarks.  So I bought some cute ribbon for $1 a spool and I can cut that and use as markers.  $2 later I have 2 nice rolls I will play with later.  

Paper goods - not much but they did have paper plates, the basic kind, in stock, I was happy about that.  I got my Land O Frost sliced turkey, I am crazy about that stuff.  I got Ron a roast chicken, he will  be happy about that.  I had enough to buy some cornbread so I did that I really love cornbread.  

And I can't find the cornbread.  Must be in the truck or left behind at the register.  God's way of telling me I don't need any more carbs.  I will ask Jack on Thursday but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.  Edit: I did call him, he is driving but will look under the backseat.  

I didn't buy any ice cream so proud about that.  

At the check out I ran into a "hoarder" who was buying numerous canned chicken items, way more than he needed.  He didn't even know if he liked it.  First rule is buy food you like.  One reason I only have Turkey Spam that's the one I like.  Then he went off on a "tin foil hat" rant at the register really sounding like he needed an antipsychotic.  And he paid with a card, so all that food is not trackable to him.  Not smart.  

I am on a few websites and they would say he did a lot wrong.  Worst of all he was bragging about all his supplies in front of strangers, at Walmart no less.  You just made yourself a target and odds are there is only 1 of you so good luck defending it.  

I went outside, called Jack, he came pretty quick.  Ron was awake when I got home so I said hi and washed my hands, then put everything away.  

Last night I finally got Ron out of bed long enough to change it.  He is saying he wants to do more for himself and I have been praying on that a while.  I was happy to hear it.  I took the washable pad off, and the fitted sheet.  Both had some food stains so I am washing the pad right now, and will do the sheet later.  Then I think a load of regular clothes.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: