Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Wednesday morning

 That was fun.  I weighed and measured myself this morning and down 5 pounds, and down a couple of inches just in my waist, getting me to 2X.  

I slept OK.  I did go back to bed after I gave Ron his morning pills.  I got up around 8, looked around on Amazon, finally decided to buy the bike shorts and capris ($43 total, no shipping) from Academy, and did the sales tax.  I backed up the business accounting files.  

Ron wanted to check my work so I gave him a flash drive and helped him get his computer.  Once I had him set up I did intervals on the exercise bike and took a shower.  I really needed it after the intervals!  I got my heart rate up above 140 which is pretty good considering I am over 40.  I went pretty much to the max heart rate.  Then, I went back down to 120 or so for a minute, then back to max.  It was a workout, alright, and I needed a shower when I finished!  

It is nice to have a little mix up in the workouts.  I took a shower using my "spice" soap.  It has a very mild fragrance, not an impressive lather.  But it gets me clean.  I won't buy it again.  I am just super picky about soap ever since I made my own.  I like it with a lot of lather.  

So I did that, had a granola bar and a salt tablet.  "Lithium is a bully and pushes the sodium ion out of the body" my doctor has said countless times.  He also requested I take a salt tablet or sport drink when I do work out.  I would be an idiot to ignore that advice.  I'm a lot of things but I'm not an idiot!  

I am looking forward to getting my workout clothes, Academy gave me free shipping, very nice.  I know I like the product because I had these bike shorts before.  And the price is very reasonable ($15 for bike shorts, $25 for the capris).  Super excited the capris have pockets.  And I can buy more online as these wear out because I already like the brand.  

I am not interested in looking hot I just want to get healthy, and I think that is the right goal.  I think it is important to mix up what I'm doing and work different muscle groups.  Walking is great because it works pretty much every muscle group.  Biking works lower body very well.  And I am still able to take care of Ron, I am not going overboard straining muscles and walking around all stiff.  

It looks like I haven't done any kettlebells this week, I will get on that.  But I am getting plenty of cardio every day which is my main goal.   I want to be as healthy as possible for many reasons.  So much of my life I was so profoundly ill I couldn't care about myself in any meaningful way.  

I remember people telling me to wear sunscreen and hoping skin cancer would get me one day, or a heart attack from lack of exercise.  Now I do care, I'm not even sick, and I want to keep it that way.  

My Dad almost died in his 50's from heart disease.  His Dad died of a stroke in his 30's.  My mother had severe high blood pressure for decades and the heart attack got her at 58.  That's not a good genetic legacy!  

But I can fight that being smart.  

No comments: