Friday, October 16, 2020

Friday

 I slept OK, got up and helped Ron.  He needed some hands-on assistance after pill time so after that I decided to stay up.  

It was pretty uneventful today except for the big argument.  Ron asked me to cut his sandwich a certain way.  I did, then he had a tantrum and said I had "ruined" it.  Oh, PLEASE.  So we argued.  The gist of it he will be cutting his own sandwiches from now on.  And I apologized for yelling at him.  

And then he needed more help.  😂😂  So I did that.  

I decided to take a nap and the utility district decided to use a jackhammer and do a lot of digging nearby.  It is my fault.  I saw water in the road for a few days now and should have called about it, but didn't.  So they decided to start during my nap.  So that was out, between the beep beep of the truck and the jackhammer I wasn't getting any rest.  

And Baby Girl got in my chair and I didn't want to evict her.  About her, she got another mat but I was able to work it out.  I need to get a firmer bristle brush for her, like mine.  

But I already use my hairbrush for both me and Ron, the last thing I want to do is use it on the cat, too!  

I'll get her, her own brush (a human brush with stiff bristles not the pet brushes which don't work for her).  For some reason she just sheds a lot this time of year.  Last year ended up in this:  


Which as we all know did not go over very well with Ron.  So I will brush her every time I give her treats, which is a couple times a day.  

I did do my workout today, some exercise bike and kettlebells.  I hit my cardio goal for the week.  Yay, me.  

My left shoulder has been stiff and tight.  I stretched it out really good using the exercises from Ron's rehab book.  And I did "thrusters", a combination of a squat and then into an overhead press, "rack" the weight at chest height and down into a squat again to repeat.  It is a very good move and gets whole body including shoulders.  So I will keep on that, I tend to hold tension in my shoulders.  And I also did that old gym class chestnut, the arm circles.  I had PE on both coasts and they always did arm circles.  It's a good move my shoulders felt worked but not painful or tight, when I finished.  

I get legs with the cardio and then the squats and deadlifts with the kettlebell.  And the stretching.  So I don't worry too much about legs.  

I got 2 identical pair of black sneakers yesterday, I found some pink shoelaces so I put them on one pair so I can tell them apart.  I like to rotate my shoes especially for walking.  Now I am set for 6 months (my arbitrary but works no foot trouble since last spring).  And the shoes were only $13 each I think.  

So, happy with my workouts.  Caffeine use is down to about half of what Doc suggested as my max.  I like mixing black, green, and spearmint tea.  It is all decaf.  And tea, at least what I drink, is cheap - a lot cheaper than soda or even the crystal light.  Lots of places to buy it online too.  

I did up my pills today too, so I am good for 2 weeks.  I need to make an order with Swanson Vitamins but not urgently.  And they sell tea!  

That's it for now.  

No comments: