Thursday, October 29, 2020

I am never eating curry again

 Yesterday I got up, took care of me (God Time, shower) took care of Ron, etc.   I decided to make some curried lentils and got out my "new" curry I had bought some time ago and never used.  I made them, they weren't bad.  I took a nap and woke up with a raging migraine that just kept getting worse and worse.  

[Not for squeamish] I did vomit up most of the curry.  About midnight found me vomiting bile into a bucket.  It was pretty awful and the taste would just trigger me to vomit again.  I think I used all my ab muscles.  I made a mess in the bathroom and SO glad I had all those extra towels "for Ron" 😂  And the unscented cleaner spray he likes.  It sure did the job and I didn't have any chemical smells to aggravate the migraine.  I kept tasting curry as I "went" and it was horrible, but pretty good aversion therapy.  

I believe the curry had sulfites, but a friend, and one of my nephews, claim it is tomatoes.  I didn't have tomatoes in my curry but I am not a huge tomato fan, easy enough to say goodbye to them.  I will eliminate any possible migraine trigger if it means I don't have to go through that again.  Over 12 hours of excruciating pain, nausea, and vomiting.  If you have ever vomited with a migraine (or hangover I guess, I have never had one) you know what I'm talking about.  

Ron didn't ask me for anything while I was sick, which was nice.  He did need various things once I was better so I was glad I wasn't out for long.  Happily that is how I get sick, short and intense, quick recovery.  

I did have some phenergan suppositories and I used one, that helped with the vomiting and helped me sleep.  Ron got his pills on time both times.  I still have a decent amount of Phenergan on hand.  

But I am feeling a little better.  

No comments: